Skyrim - Road to Skyrim Videos @ GameInformer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
No, no actual footage - you know they'll hold onto that until E3, right? GameInformer has three Skyrim or Bethsoft related videos as outlined here:
Video 1: Todd Howard tells the story of how he got into the industry, recalls his earliest gaming habits, and offers advice for those looking to follow in his footsteps.

Video 2:
Learn about the evolution of the Elder Scrolls series and the lessons of the past that led the team to the creation of Skyrim.

Video 3:
Todd Howard reveals his favorite games of this generation, his thoughts on current trends in the gaming industry, and his perception of the difference between eastern and western role-playing games. He also discusses his impressions of Kinect, Move, and 3D technology, and whether we'll ever see an Elder Scrolls game on mobile phones.
More information.

worth watching. some reassuring and some not so much insights from Mr Bethesda. i like that he says Origin is probably his favourite developer but of all the modern games he mentions I have no love for. I guess that's how it works though, don't mention other current RPG makers but rather give love and praise to Rockstar which is not a boon to PC gaming or RPGs at all in my view.
I highly doubt I'll preorder Skyrim but I will undoubtably play it. At least he truly seems committed to try and make the game have more depth and consequences rather than just a technological upgrade.

Origin is his favorite developer ?!?!?!? why the heck does he do the opposite of them in that case ?

Quite obvious to me that he's been extremely inspired by Origin and especially Ultima7 and UUW. Seems like a cool guy with good taste in games (Rockstar are probably my favorite game dev next to Bethesda), and an actually a gamer, not just some dude who thinks it would be a cool job to make games (like Peter Molyneux for example, who's totally clueless).

Back
Top Bottom