Original Sin - A written and Several Video Previews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Games.On have written a preview of Divinity Original Sin:
So if you want to throw yourself against a challenge, Rivellon only says “all the more power to you”. It’s a variety of roleplaying that’s been buried three feet deep under the modern RPG’s lovingly rendered snow, and Larian is the latest to attempt to excavate it among the Kickstarter craze.
As ever, this early look is a brief one, even more a game still in production and in constant Kickstarter flux. The conversation system, that encourages co-operation as much as it does disagreement? The stats system? The weapons themselves? Even the minutiae of lighting, contrast and the game’s colour palette are under the microscope. Larian have always been a studio with strong ties to its community, and like its Kickstarter, every backer, update and forum post in turn brings a change, tweak and addition.
And here are some video previews of Divinity Original Sin as well.

Quill18:

Angry Joe:

PCGames.de:
http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/b/394288171

Fan Fronday:

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The press coverage, especially the videos, I suppose, are having a big effect, very strong day so far, with $18k already (For a $630k total) could be a $35-40 k day in the end. And totalbisquit's is yet to come, then the 48 hour reminders… Well timed by Larian.
Taking Paypal pledges into account (currently ~$16k) the 650 k goal should fall today. If the end rush develops like for e.g. PE, Torment, or Dead State, we may yet rach the 800 k stretch goal.

The press coverage, especially the videos, I suppose, are having a big effect, very strong day so far, with $18k already (For a $630k total) could be a $35-40 k day in the end. And totalbisquit's is yet to come, then the 48 hour reminders… Well timed by Larian.
Taking Paypal pledges into account (currently ~$16k) the 650 k goal should fall today. If the end rush develops like for e.g. PE, Torment, or Dead State, we may yet rach the 800 k stretch goal.

You are truely optimistic !
Nevertheless i hope it will come true :)

If I were a betting man, I'd actually bet on it hitting 800k. The question for me is 1 million, but, if I were a betting man, I'd say no to said bet....

With Paypal, $650 k goal has now been reached, traits and talents are in.

I'm hoping they hit a million. I really want to see the NPC schedules.

I'm looking forward to the henchmen having real backround stories. Anything that makes hirelings more robust will only improve the game.

-Carn

With Paypal, $650 k goal has now been reached, traits and talents are in.

Indeed and that is truly great news !
The new 700k goal is something I don't care for I rather want the 1M goal instead.

Back
Top Bottom