Witcher The Witcher: Black Screen

The Witcher

Flying_Doc

Traveler
I hope someone can help me!

When I load the game, the intro-movie and the menu look fine. But when I choose a new game, something weird happens! For about 10 to 15 minutes the game 'loads' (Kaer Morhen is the name of the area). But when these minutes are over, the game starts, but I can only hear voices and other sounds and the screen is black!

The specs of my PC are what they should be to play this game and I've already applied the 1.3 patch. I also tried to load the game from witcher.exe instead of the autorun.

Please help me!

Which graphics card ? Newest drivers ?

Sorry, but without this info it's rather like fishing in muddy water.

If it's an ATI, and especially an older ATI, that's probably the cause. As Alrik says, getting the newest drivers is probably the only thing you can do about it. :)

I have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 AGP 512MB
I'm going to download the latest drivers right now.

Both of them don't work... I really think I'm doing something wrong :S

I also think it's your graphic card FD. Witcher is a game which places high demands on your system and, especially, graphic card. I had exactly the same symptoms when I have tryed to run Witcher on Radeon X700 256 mb card and it still, occasionally, kept happening when I have upgraded to Radeon X1950 Sapphire 512 mb card.

I could play The Witcher with an ATI AGP X850 256 MB.

I play the witcher with a radeon x1650 agp.

I got lot black screen in the begining, i fix it changing the agp from X8 to X4 and i never got any other error or reboot or black screen after that on any game.

Sorry my english :D

Saludos.-
________
BUY BUBBLERS

Last edited:
FD, not to mention the obvious, but did you delete the old drivers before installing new ones? I have had times when new ones did not overwrite the old and deleting them solved it.

Back
Top Bottom