Days Gone is coming to PC!!

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
@danutz_plusplus; beat you to the punch on that news, but yeah, I'm looking forward to a superior version as well.

2021 just keeps getting better. :)

IIRC Days Gone is some zombie game.
You know, those that need no story, just grind.
If I'm right, I'm waving it goodbye already.

Days Gone is a 2019 action-adventure survival horror video game developed by Bend Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows.

Oops! Wrong forum guys!

You're not right. Story is very much a focal point from what I saw. Sort of "Last of Us"-light in an open world.

Last edited:
Agree, should be in non-rpg thread, but still a topic!

Marketing executive:
Does it have skill trees? YOUBETCHA! - So it's an RPG then!

/sarcasm

Marketing executive:
Does it have skill trees? YOUBETCHA! - So it's an RPG then!

/sarcasm

No, but seriously a lot of games could fit into the rpg category, depending on how rigid your definion is.

wikipedia said:
A role-playing video game (commonly referred to as simply a role-playing game or an RPG as well as a computer role-playing game or a CRPG) is a video game genre where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world, usually involving some form of character development by way of recording statistics.

By that definition Day's Gone is an rpg. It has abilities which you unlock, thus customize your hero, and a well defined world.

Personally, I'm not much of a gatekeeper as to what an rpg is. For what I'm concerned, I could consider Day's Gone an rpg.

You really don't need to start an RPG cultural revolution just because some dude posted his topic in the wrong forum :lol:

Yes, it has a good chance to become a meme thread now!

You really don't need to start an RPG cultural revolution just because some dude posted his topic in the wrong forum :lol:

I'm that dude. :D If we can consider Horizon Zero Dawn an RPG and post it in the news section as one, then we can definitely put Days Gone at that category too. Both games has similar mechanics.

So you're saying that you genuinely and unironically and without error posted this thread in GRPG intentionally?

We may consider Days Gone as a open world survival game with RPG elements, with collecting scarce resources (especially at higher difficulties) and crafting weapons, bandages, etc. with that. We have a motorcycle and fuel is hard to come by, so you can't roam to everywhere you want. Also since motors are loudy machines, they attract freakers (Days Gone's version of zombies, but not quite because they didn't rise from the dead, instead a virus turned them into that state (A future version of Covid maybe? :p)).

There are different camps (factions) in the game and you're doing jobs (quests) for them, some of them for the story (main quest) and some of them for additional resources (side quests). Doing jobs and killing freakers earns you XP and levels. You can unlock skill with that. Also you can upgrade your bike with the resources you earn. There are fixers in camps for that.

Apart from other survival games, the game also emphasizes on scenario and has a serious and long story underneath (much like other AAA Sony games). I don't want to spoil anything, but if you like post-apocalyptic stories you will definitely love it.

Back
Top Bottom