The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

BIG update. Includes a large MotU cinematic. 23 luancher files, 677 game files. Don't wait until Friday to update unless you've got a good connection.

There are lots of news spreading there.

1. The open letter, announcing and containing new information : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363396

2. Info about the "pre-purchase" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363362

3. The Update 13 Release Notes : http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_13_Official

4. The "Birthday Djinni" roughly explained : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363589

The changes are indeed quite big ! Not only within the game, but the look of the forums and the Launcher have also been changed a little bit !

Unrelated :

A new thread : Explaining the Cannith Challenges : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363589

Limited Time Collector's Edition - $79.99
Menace of the Underdark Adventure Packs – 2495 Turbine Points
Epic Destinies (account wide unlock) – 995 Turbine Points
Eveningstar Challenge Pack (free to VIPs) – 695 Turbine Points
Druid class (free to VIPs) – 1495 Turbine Points
Greater Tome of Learning (x1) - 1595 Turbine Points
Lesser Tome of Learning (perm 1/character, effectively up to x10) - 995 Turbine Points EACH
2000 Turbine Points - 2000 Turbine Points
Veteran Status Level 7 - 1995 Turbine Points
Veteran Status Level 4 - 995 Turbine Points
DDO Epic Classics - Total 2000 Turbine Points

* Vault of Night - 750 Turbine Points
* The Red Fens - 450 Turbine Points
* Sentinels of Stormreach - 450 Turbine Points
* Devil Assault - 350 Turbine Points

DDO Classics - 1900 Turbine Points

* Phiarlan Carnival - 450 Turbine Points
* Attack on Stormreach - 550 Turbine Points
* The Path of Inspiration - 450 Turbine Points
* The Dreaming Dark - 450 Turbine Points

Demonweb Spiderling - ? Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)

* 3 Tricks - each separately between 50-150 Turbine Points
* 1 Collar - 50 Turbine Points

Druid's Wolf Pup - ? Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)

* 4 Tricks - each separately between 50-150 Turbine Points

Onyx Panther Cub - ? Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)

Elite Spider Cult Mask - speculating between 95-250 Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)
Figurine of Wonderous Power: Onyx Panther - Exclusive

Total Turbine Points Value for $79.99 (not totaling Tricks or Collars, figuring 4 character slots): ~20240

Standard Edition - $49.99
Eveningstar Challenge Pack (free to VIPs) – 695 Turbine Points
Druid class (free to VIPs) – 1495 Turbine Points
Greater Tome of Learning (x1) - 1595 Turbine Points
1000 Turbine Points - 1000 Turbine Points
Veteran Status Level 4 - 995 Turbine Points
DDO Classics - 1900 Turbine Points

* Phiarlan Carnival - 450 Turbine Points
* Attack on Stormreach - 550 Turbine Points
* The Path of Inspiration - 450 Turbine Points
* The Dreaming Dark - 450 Turbine Points

Druid's Wolf Pup - ? Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)

Spider Cult Mask - speculating between 95-250 Turbine Points (not yet available in DDO Store)

Total Turbine Points Value for $49.99 (not totaling Tricks or Collars): ~11265

Base Edition - $29.99
Lesser Tome of Learning (x1) - 995 Turbine Points

Total Turbine Points Value for $29.99 (not totaling Tricks or Collars): 4485

This is a break down of the pre-order packages someone posted, their costs and how many tp's worth of stuff you get. It also assumes some things, like only 4 characters, where as the collector's edition ($80) gives a free lesser XP tome per character you create and the onyx figurine.

Even for me, with all 8 of the bundled packs, The $80 deal will be about worth that much just in the XP tomes TP-wise. Not counting everything else.

Others' views may vary. But remember, even ViP's will have to purchase the expansion if they want the quests, and so forth. Only part of it will be free for them.

You will NOT be able to purchase Druids until U14 after the expansion hits, So keep that in mind. VIP's get Druids for free, so CM can make a character that turns into a bear and mauls people regardless. Sorta like JM does when she's out of cigs or coffee.

According the the "open letter", the Onyx Panther puppy will be ONLY available in the "Limited Time Edition" and no-where else. A similar thing is going to be there for the rest of the three announced puppies :

but remember: if you love the Demonweb Spiderling, the Druid’s Wolf Pup, and the Onyx Panther Cub make sure that you pick up the expansion before June 24th, because these particular Companions are exclusive and won’t be in the store once pre-purchase ends!

Too bad that I would only be interested in the panther. ;)
Personally, I'm not interested at all in a mini spider. It's not that I don't like spiders (I don't like them that much in fact, although I find spiders to be interesting and fascinating animals), it is only so that a spider just doesn't "tune in" with my personality - or those of my game characters at all.

Edit : DDO Store notes : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoreupdate13

About tomes & the Birthday Cake :

so we have arranged for all existing characters in DDO to get their very own slice of Six Year Old Cake. While that may not sound so tasty, there is a Djinni who will gladly take that cake off of your hands and grant you a “wish” in exchange – so long as that wish involves choosing one of the great prizes in his list including your choice of +2 ability tomes.

About the Djinni himself, as quoted from Cordovan :

The Djinni will be there to consume your cake whenever you are ready for him.

Apparingly this means that it really doesn't matter when you "summon" him.

Several people report the Djinni "stealing the cake", and giving nothing back in return. I fear that this might be a bug, so I'm going to wait for a few days now.

Edit : There are news about it :

Sixth Birthday Cake Known Issue
February 27, 2012
Having multiple players click on a Sixth Birthday Cake Djinni can cause issues with delivering the birthday items. Players should use their Djinni in a private area.

But 1 person in the forums said that this happened even on a Guild Ship - perhaps summoning within a quest works better ?

About the experience bonus which has begun yesterday, by Cordovan as well :

The 10% XP Bonus will be here through March 4th.

Also from the "open letter" :

In addition to the premium features we’ve already discussed, there will be a large number of technology upgrades, system updates and bug fixes which will improve the game experience for all of our players. For example, we are completely overhauling our enhancement system and filling out the PrEs for all classes! There will also be significant changes to help performance and reduce lag. We are releasing a lot of new information today, and we have plans for many more dev diaries and articles which will be posted in the coming months. Keep your eyes on DDO.com and the forums for more information.

For those of us who love to True Reincarnate, the new XP tomes will be especially handy and (and they thankfully persist through TR , as all tomes will now do with the launch of U13).

Another important thing we are announcing today is that Update 14 will be coming this August! Just two months after Menace of the Underdark goes live, we are planning to release our first premium Forgotten Realms adventure pack. It introduces an all new story line and our second Epic level raid in the game.

And last : A forums entry :

I just wanted to post to add that my account was also credited 2,000 TP when I applied the pre-order. (collector edition)

And besides : I think it is no wonder why the Fens are connected with the Expension's new theme … ;) There are discussions among Drow within Stormreach … ;)

Last edited:
Remember my rant ?

I just crafted in the Kundarak crafting halls … I destroyed a shard !!! And before that, days ago, without noticing, another one !!!

[snip]

And then it replaces the one shard with the other one.

Without any asking. Without any warning. Without any error message. Without any hint that this belt might perhaps NOT be able to hold TWo shards at the same time !

I had sent it in as a bug report.

And this has been adressed :

Quoted from the U13 Release Notes :

It is no longer possible for players to mistakenly overwrite prefixes and suffixes when you apply a new crafting shard.

Good work Alrick….always helps to report bugs.

This pack is going to be huge. Hopefully I can get the standard during the preorder offer. 80 bucks is a bit much. Unless I can blackmail someone. lol I did like the "techological" fixes. I hope it really does fix the lag issues.

PS thanks for the heads-up on the update download Dte....I may not have logged into the game til Friday.

They seem to be working on the bugs :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Item Delivery Issues
Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:

CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4337435#post4337435

Probably because of that the servers will be down for a "hotfix" on Wednesday : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363835

This hotfix will include several fixes. In general, this hotfix aims to address Menace of the Underdark preorder ticket issues and Six Year Old Birthday Cake issues for people who redeem these items after tomorrow's hotfix, improve performance of the Menace of the Underdark preview video, fix a launcher window display issue being experienced by some players, and return reincarnations. Remember to use this thread to get the latest information on cake and ticket issues.

Alrik beat me to the punch, I was about to post a warning about the pre-order.

CM, there is a $30 version, which is more up your alley. Particularly since you get so much of the stuff anyway. Though I like the tomes of learning, and am looking at those primarily for my purchase.

Also, there's an 11k points bundle offered for $60 if you do a pre-order. Good deal, but I doubt I'll bite.

Alrik beat me to the punch, I was about to post a warning about the pre-order.

I sometimes believe that I should have learned becoming a Journalist instead. I'm very good at researching and I have an analytical look, too.
Which is sometimes concealed by my cynism, though.

Yep, old man's back. Someday, we'll drag him kicking and screaming into the Shroud, but it won't be Friday. I'm assuming we'll be finishing Necro2. I think we have one tomb left and then Shadow Crypt.

Yes. That's true. All on elite. Will get my greater tome of learning for my pally. I got it for my cleric. Will help with XP. Just did VON 4 on my cleric on elite yesterday and got 20k XP.

The experience points bonus is still valid - up to March, 4th, if I remember correctly.

New discounts in the shop :

- Artificer class
- Monk class
- "quest xp boosts"
- "slayer count boosts"

Plus as the free item : A "Lesser Guild Renown Elixir", coupon code : DMGMM1
1 Elixir per account, until March, 8th.

http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostoresale

Irritation on the payment ? subscription ? of the expansion ??? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363507

Quoting Tolero on the matter :

So just to be on the safe side the account team re-checked several accounts from this thread and this does indeed appear to be a display issue. It seems to happen the most for users who had a subscription at some point in their DDO life (VIP, old Stormreach sub, etc.) but it does not apply an upgrade.

Unrelated : A discussions thread with findings : "U13 unannounced changes" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363412

Last edited:
I intend to Grease you from now until you join us in a Shroud run. BWAHAHAHAHA!

ahem…

I ran the new quests with Aerii. They're actually a bit challenging, even for a 20 doing normal. Death Knights are immune to practically everything, and you jump between fire immune to cold and electric immune frequently, needing multiple damage types. Thankfully, I have them.

The final boss of the chain, however, is devious. Very difficult. My hireling died quickly, and I burned through about 50 scrolls on normal.

I have a strategy for it, but solo makes it pretty well impossible to execute.

I also pulled two named items in the end chest, a staff that Jm's Acrobat will adore, and a light repeating crossbow that the artificers in the guild will adore.

I'd rather finish out Necro2 with our neglected lowbies, but won't complain if the rest of the group would rather try the new stuff. That series is F2P, yes?

Yep, free so everyone has it. It's actually too bad Jm wasn't on with one of hers, as that staff would be very good for an acrobat. It's pretty good for a Divine, actually, boosting both Fire and Light damage types, as well as providing flaming burst and a light damage on hits. It also has a expanded crit range, 19-20/x2 IIRC. This is not including Impact/IC:Bludgeon so that would make it 17-20, or on par with a Greatsword. A Clonk could find good use of it.

Back
Top Bottom