Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny remake is now available on Steam for $19.99, GamersGate for $19.99, and GreenManGaming for $15.99.

A legend reborn as Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny returns!

Developed by Austrian developer Crafty Studios, Realms of Arkania – Blade of Destiny is a faithful remake of the 1992 original, adored by a generation of Role Players and one of the most successful RPG’s of the 1990’s.

Get ready to return to Thorwal, one of the oldest cities of Aventuria. Make sure your wits are sharpened before walking down the small alleys of Thorwal and Prem, and prepare to stop the Orcisch threat while creating a mighty alliance between nations. Featuring a complete visual reimagining along with a comprehensive overhaul of every aspect of the gameplay, Realms of Arkania – Blade of Destiny is set to captivate a 21st century audience of new and old fans alike.

Old school RPG at its best – for the Fans of REAL RPG games.
More information.

Yeah, sounds pretty rife with bugs. I'll avoid until major patching has occurred.

Well it's not a surprise as the box release came out a few days early, and it was a mess. They promised a day one patch for the digital release, but looks like it's still a mess.

a huge shame. was looking forward to play a game like this. Guess we have to wait a bit longer.

In one of the Stream threads, the developer admits they knowingly released it with bugs, claiming it's a "rough gem" that they'll "polish" over time. In another thread, he admits that neither the German nor English manuals are ready, but that German one will be released "shortly". Pretty sad stuff there, probably not a company I'd want to have dealings with in the future.

Not to sugarcoat a botched release, but occording to various comments from the german community on steam the steam version released today did not yet incorporate the announced day 1 patch, which should come in the next few hours. I can only hope that this will at least fix the most crass bugs…

I really hope the day one patch fixes the game since these kinds of bug ridden releases are what causes low sales and also has put companies out of business in the past.

Really looking forward to this. Hope it gets cleaned up.

That's disappointing, I was looking forward to this as I've never played the original. Oh well, I want to wait until it's on GoG anyway.

ahhhhhhhh,
This was the game I was going to after I finish Shadowrun. I hope these developers get it together . . . soon.

Old school RPG at its best – for the Fans of REAL RPG games.

Does that mean fans of REAL rpg's like bug infested messes??

Meh, I always wait for patches anyway. If it's still a PoS a year from now, then it's no loss to me.

I can't even say it's in Alpha stage :( It's terrible and beyond repair :( And I was so anxious to give it it try and review this game:( Guess I'll have to wait … indefinitely.

LE: Just got a 274MB patch. Checking now what it does:)

Last edited:
ahhhhhhhh,
This was the game I was going to after I finish Shadowrun. I hope these developers get it together . . . soon.
You're the first person I've heard say they've played Shadowrun, but not finished it.

Does this mean that the international version will be fully patched / bug-free ?

You're the first person I've heard say they've played Shadowrun, but not finished it.

Sorry about the misplaced modifier confusion

I never rush through games. When everyone was finishing Dishonored in 20 hours it took me 40. Same with Gothic 4 (Arcania) I got in 50 hours. I got in over 300 hours in Skyrim without touching the civil war and barely biting on the main quest.

Shadowrun has unique circumstances in that there is no save game. The game saves when you enter a new area. Thus whenever I enter a new area I quit. And since my gaming time is limited. I typically play after work and after family time. I'm pretty tired by then and I can't afford to wander around and then start all over again due to not making the save location. Hence once I reach it, I'm done for the night. Haven't gotten very far but I will probably make a lot of progress this weekend.

But back to topic. I played some of the original ROA games and loved their depth. It was weird at the time to scrounge for food while you were camping. And death came in many flavors (fighting, illness, hunger etc). One of the things I did not like was the lack of progression - growing up on Might and Magic I loved being level 44 something. But I think I only got as high as level 8 in the ROA games. I was really looking forward to a contemporary take on the games.

as i said before, I hope they get it together

Back
Top Bottom