The Outer Worlds - Launch Trailer

Yes it is. Some who don't want to get caught in the sugar trap call it a year of betatest. I'm the monkey who'll betatest it though. ;)

One thing noone can answer - so far no info on possible preload on Epic client. What's clear is that day1 patch on consoles is abysmally fat.

I am curious, but still have GreedFall to get through and then those other ones and that thing that I compulsively play despite it and so forth. Still I hope "The Outer Worlds" gets mods and is wildly successful. Then I will shell out my shekels.

I'll most likely buy this one on day 1 as well.
It's the time I'm seeing this on 1440p and I'm quite impressed.

Well, I'm pretty interested in the game, but will likely not buy it on Epic. More than enough to still play until it lands on the other platforms.

Will be interesting to see the Steam starting price a year from now.

Like others, I'm looking forward to playing this one but I'll wait until it arrives on GoG or steam. The year of waiting for it will likely see lots of issues ironed out before I get involved with it.

I've been looking forward to this one, but I'll probably wait a few weeks. I plan on getting myself a Ryzen 3900x, and Outer Worlds comes as a gift with that CPU (along with Borderlands 3). There is a chance that my pusher will put the CPU on sale not too far in the future (a CPU+MB is ATM off 10%, but I don't need a new MB).

pibbur who may wait until the Friday.

It's on Game Pass and 90% of the people I've met on Outer Worlds discussions said they're going to play it there :p

I'm looking forward to this... in a year. (Turns back to his overly long queue of existing games, each eyeing him menacingly, demanding to be played first.)

:confused:
Neverheard.

Game Pass is a subscription service (pay per month) from Microsoft that's available separately for both Xbox and PC that gives you access to download and play any games from a library that updates with new games (and old games eventually leave the library). They've been offering some good deals recently to entice people to sign up. It does require Win 10 if you get the PC version, though. Outer Worlds will be on both Xbox and PC versions of the Pass.

Which also raises the point that while it's not available on Steam/GoG for a year, it is available to buy on the Microsoft Store (as any PC Game Pass game is) if PC-only people want to avoid Epic but don't want to wait a year.

Game Pass is a subscription service (pay per month) from Microsoft that's available separately for both Xbox and PC that gives you access to download and play any games from a library that updates with new games (and old games eventually leave the library). They've been offering some good deals recently to entice people to sign up. It does require Win 10 if you get the PC version, though. Outer Worlds will be on both Xbox and PC versions of the Pass.

Which also raises the point that while it's not available on Steam/GoG for a year, it is available to buy on the Microsoft Store (as any PC Game Pass game is) if PC-only people want to avoid Epic but don't want to wait a year.

So even if you don't have a game pass you can still buy from the MS store. Is there a client for that with MS then? Any downside? Seems like a good alternative for those who don't want to wait a year but don't want to use Epic.

So even if you don't have a game pass you can still buy from the MS store. Is there a client for that with MS then? Any downside? Seems like a good alternative for those who don't want to wait a year but don't want to use Epic.

Unless things have changed I’d buy from epic before Microsoft. Windows store didn’t support modding, you couldn’t even edit an ini file.

I heard earlier this year things were supposed to change but only for certain titles and what mods could be used or how it would be done was sketchy.

I personally would look in to that before buying anything on windows store.

Yeah, Windows store is out for me; I'm still running Win7 with no plans on 'upgrading' until I do the same for my motherboard/cpu.

That being set, Epic works fine as a launcher. I gave in on that w/ Operencia - and subsequently with Satisfactory.

Windows store can not be found on my PC. Upon win10 installation I've removed every traces of it and later found it can be killed permanently through powershell:
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

About subscriptions… I don't care. I'm playing singleplayer games I want. Not paying WoW monthly tax. And certainly not a service that has only one title of interest to me.

Back
Top Bottom