Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North DLC Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Battle Brothers DLC Warriors of the North is available on GOG and Steam.

Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North is now available DRM-free. If you don't own Battle Brothers you can get it 50% off until May 12th, 5 PM UTC.The 'Warriors of the North' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a more distinct northern region, as well as different starting scenarios to pick for your mercenary company. Face an entirely new faction of barbarians in battle, wear new viking and rus themed gear, and follow the legend of the 'Ijirok', a mythical creature of the frozen north!

More information.

Playing the Lone Wolf origin first. The first 15 days were really hard. Having a hedge knight from day 1 is great but he only starts out at lvl 4. You won't have the stamina or morale to smash thru everything. Also, the great armor and helm you have is expensive early on to maintain.

Once you get some recruits a few lvls with your hedge knight it gets better but still have to be careful with this origin. If the knight dies the campaign is over. Really enjoying it so far and after this campaign, trying to decide which origin to play next.

The new barbarian enemies have a few new tricks up their sleeve ;) Have seen some sweet named weapons and armor for sale but it will be awhile before I can afford the good stuff.

By Christmas maybe it will get patched to become an excellent product.

I am on the fence...give me some more impressions guys.

I can only talk about the base game, and I had a great deal of fun with it. I also believe that it's currently on sale via steam, so that might be a factor if someone is looking to try it out. I've heard nothing but compliments on the additional content from friends, so take that for what it's worth. If tactical combat with having to keep in mind the battle terrain is something that appeals to you, I think you'd like at least the base version.

The great thing about Battle Brothers is it doesn't need much patching. A few minor bugs here and there and they already released a patch today. I am on day 50 of my campaign (around 6 hours) and no bugs that I have noticed or crashes.

I totally agree with Hastar, this is a game that I played the very first month it was out, and I never encountered any crashes or bugs that prevented me from finishing the base game. It really left a positive experience in my mind.

I will probably buy the base game in the coming week, if I like it well enough I'll purchase the expansions at full price as well.

I already have the base game and first expansion...just trying to figure out if this expansion is worth it.

On Steam there has been over 4,000 people playing at once. That's the most I have ever seen. The forums there have been very positive on all the new origins. For myself personally, I think this is a great DLC. Fighting the barbarians up north has been fun. There was a mission to kill a barbarian king but I'm not tough enough yet for that.

I am enjoying it more than Beasts and Exploration. Added a rpg feel to it with all the origins. Still have to do some of the roleplaying in your mind. :) I got it on both GoG and Steam with the supporter editions because I think they are a fantastic studio.

I do plan on replaying this fine game with all the additional content, once all of it is out and fully patched/updated. Likely something for much later this year or early next.

I have a feeling there will be another DLC. With how good Warriors is doing and in an interview the developers hinted that they were not done. Nothing in stone though. They are the ones that said no new content over a year ago, so you never know ;)

Are they planning more DLC ?
I like the game but one game takes a long time for me, so would prefer not to start over

Depends on what long means.

Those DLC are put food on family content based DLCs. They are put out to provide cash at a low cost.
They might need cash, help the studio to keep visibility as they are working on their next product etc

Question is more about when and if long is long enough to be shorter than the next DLC developpment period.

On Steam there has been over 4,000 people playing at once.
The smell of fresh content. Remains to be seen how long it lasts, the content being very diluted so at least 200 hour ingame time.
There had been a peak of streamers yesterday, went down heavily today.

These guys are pretty impressive as indie devs. I sent in a bug report early on and a small patch was out that next morning or maybe the same day fixing it.

I bought the base game today and started playing. And dying. Mostly dying. I'm torn between trying to figure it out and looking at some guides. I don't want to spoil the experience for myself, but on the other hand there's a lot of mechanics getting thrown around and I need to know those to make smart decisions…

Last edited:
I bought the base game today and started playing. And dying. Mostly dying. I'm torn between trying to figure it out and looking and some guides. I don't want to spoil the experience for myself, but on the other hand there's a lot of mechanics getting thrown around and I need to know those to make smart decisions…

Early on shields and spears are your friend. Spearwalls very nice early game.

Shields will certainly be with you a long time, learn to love them. This game isn't built to sustain someone that's looking to create a band that exists for pure damage, your group won't last long if you go that route. I think that's a huge part of the reason why I love this game, the mechanics, while not perfect, make a whole lot of sense. Balance is quite important, and in many cases, almost necessary.

Back
Top Bottom