Fantasy General II - Preview

Never thought I'd see a new Fantasy General. That just makes me happy. Had such a fun time in 1996 playing the first one. Hope they do the campaign right because this game will come down to how good the campaign is.

Wow, didn't know this was in development. I have really fond memories of playing FG back in...96-97 or so? This will probably be a day 1 purchase for me.

You can be the empire player either in a skirmish, or potentially in one of our upcoming DLCs. If we manage to do the first one right.

Hehe...

There's also other units that I don't want to spoil yet, that you'll be able to see. Like siege engines, magical units, golems...

That really had me laughing. :biggrin:

Anyways, nice vids.

Ah, didn't know that it's made by Jan Wagner who previously worked for Cliffhanger productions.
Also known as "Autokäufer" ;)
Wagner.JPG

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14612&page=81

Game looks cool though. Did anyone play the first Fantasy General?
From what I heared of Panzer General, that's quite a linear game, which is more of a fixed puzzle. What this looks like is more like a Battle Isle. Basically half way between Panzer General and a Base Building RTS.

I have no fond memory of Battle Isle but I really loved FG.
You kept your army from one battle to another, each unit could evolve with experience. The campaign had you progress through a map where you could choose a path or another with enemy armies adapted to the terrain you were crossing (desert, plain, mountain, more cavalry, more infantry or aerial units etc..).

Losing an unit you had since numerous battles was quite heartbreaking. The difficulty was quite steep? Or maybe it is just my memory of it?
After several battles your army was really yours because of the choices you had made for the recruitment and the evolution of those units.
In BI all this was quite impersonal and as you said like a puzzle game.

Back
Top Bottom