RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Divinity: Original Sin II

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
It has been talked about some time, but finally at Gamescom we were shown the Undead in Divinity Original Sin II.

During character creation you can, next to the already known characters, also select an undead named Fane. Like the other characters, Fane also has its own origin story. Fane is an eternal being and has slumbered in a tomb for a very long time, in which he was thrown by his own fault as he didn't get along with the undead king. Recently an expedition located his tomb and freed Fane and to thank them, Fane killed them all, in order to regain some of his powers. Given the time he has been away from the world he doesn't really connect to it anymore and sees strange creatures walking around, some of them he shares some similarities with (skeletons), but they are much weaker than he is. Fane is a scholar and his mission is to find out what is going on in the world and find his own people again.
More information.

What kind of ramifications do you expect? You are undead, so almost nobody (outside of your party) likes you and runs away or attacks you on sight as the article states.
Unless you have a shapeshifting mask.

I'm wondering if an Undead can raise the black cat once it dies (because I really doubt I'm going to ever get the achievement to let it live all through the game).

Loshe or Fane, which one am I gonna play first?

edit:
Just saw Larian latest update, I'm so playing an Undead now...that customization.

Last edited:
What kind of ramifications do you expect? You are undead, so almost nobody (outside of your party) likes you and runs away or attacks you on sight as the article states.

That's what I was looking for; I didn't read anything of this prior so just curious. That's all.

Is that even an issue? Can't you just use any other character to talk? Sounded like the game is constructed that way.

I would expect them to run away or attack you based on distance and not if the undead is the one talking or not.

Sounds like there is a very high amount of C&C in this game, and a very high replay value.

That's why you have masks :)

Certainly interesting to have the undead as their own culture, and a playable race. The mask I guess is a necessary contrivance to allow the player to interact somewhat normally. Presumably you'd need to acquire that quite early in the game, in order to get anywhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom