Kingmaker - Physical Rewards & UI Updates

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The backers of Pathfinder: Kingmaker are receiving some neat loot which you can see in the latest update. You may also want to check out the retrospective UI updates here.

Dear Pathfinders!

Digital distribution is great. When you want a new game in this day and age, it's usually just one click away, then you're instantly downloading it. No need to go to the shop, hope it's still in stock, queue up to pay, it's all nice and hassle-free. After all, if you want a glass of water, you don't get your jug and walk down to the village well. You turn on the tap.

With that in mind, some gamers do miss the physical side of the experience. Getting something you can touch and feel, something to remind you of and connect you to a game you care about, to bring back memories of adventures in a virtual realm. Some of us just like to have something in the real world that we can touch and that we associate with the games we love. Makes them feel a little more real.

This is why we offered physical rewards and add-ons to you, our backers. Those among you, who pledged for tiers, which include physical rewards may be wondering how these goodies are coming along. So today's update is dedicated to some of these sweet, sweet items you'll be getting. Let's have a look, shall we?

The Artbook

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is full of weird and wonderful creatures and characters, magical weapons and armors, class outfits, spells and, perhaps most importantly, the landscapes of the harsh and unforgiving Stolen Lands. And if you've pledged for the physical version of our artbook, then you can look forward to enjoying hundreds of lovingly-crafted concept images, sketches and drawings of all that and so much more on 175 pages in a beautiful hardcover book.

The Dice

Check out these bad boys! When playing at the table, the dice rule over everything - disarm or spring a trap, hit or miss a monster, barely scratch a foe or cleave them asunder with a mighty critical hit. Life or death. We can't guarantee you'll crit any harder or more often with this becautiful dice-set made of brass. But even if you screw up your difficulty checks, you'll be doing so in style. Here is a 3D-model of the dice.

Time to retire those shoddy plastic dice. Get classy! Bring on the brass!

The cloth map of the Stolen Lands

You asked for a cloth map, we give you a cloth map - 42 x 88 centimeters, made of grey flax. You will never get lost in the Stolen Lands again with this beauty! You may get murdered by bandits, eaten by wyverns or flayed alive by a bunch of crazy cultists, but not once will you feel lost!

Show it off to your friends when you play the Kingmaker Adventure Path in tabletop. Decorate your personal gaming space with it. Wear it as a cape and confuse people at the local shopping mall. We're not telling you how to live your life. We're not even your real mother!

The miniatures

Nyrissa prototype, 250mm

When we had our community poll for the companion miniature, our backers decided they want Octavia. While her 30mm minature is still in production, you can preview the 3D model of her here.

Nyrissa progress

And if you have pledged for a tier, which includes the 120mm miniature, you'll be receiving this Jabberwock. Behold:

[...]

Please be aware that these miniatures are early prototypes and still work in progress.

And this concludes our preview of some of the physical rewards our community has pledged for. Do you like how they turned out? Let us know in the comments section. And if you want to see a few more images of these fine items, we've prepared a little collection for you online. Some of the pictures in there show additional miniatures on our cloth map. We added them for flavor, they're not part of the pledge rewards.

6acf901b4f2da3cadb7c919820336e78_original.png

One more thing - The Localization Beta

If you're one of our beta testers, we'd like to remind you that we've just uploaded a new build on Steam. It contains the prologue and the first chapter of the game with a work in progress version of our localization in German, French, Chinese and Russian. If you're in the beta and you're a native speaker in one of these languages, we'd appreciate your feedback on our translation efforts. You can find more information in the beta testing section of our official forums.

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

As long as they make sure the box is big enough i think they will be ok. I've heard those measurements can be tricky for industry veterans.

So, I just tried out the updated beta (localised version, only the first chapter of the game is available).

Owlcat have made HUGE improvements over the beta 2. The game runs much more smoothly, more difficulty settings added, a lot more feedback available for combat, and most of dialogues are now fully voiced (this, I'm not too happy with - some characters are voiced beautifully e.g. Linzi, while some just plain awkward e.g. Jaethal).

God, I can't wait till September!! This game just keeps on making me more and more excited!

Sounds good. That said, from the videos I've been watching - it looks a little slow and cumbersome.

Is there some way to speed it up - or is that the intended pacing of the game?

Deadfire has an option to control the pace of combat.

Cool, but how about "normal" movement? When you walk around the areas in non-combat, I mean.

It depends on whether you choose an option to ignore the party encumbrance. I think this allows you to travel at a normal speed in the local map until you exceed 2/3 of max party weight allowance. It still affects your movement speed in the over world map. If you don't select this option, your movement will be reduced in the local map as well.

It depends on whether you choose an option to ignore the party encumbrance. I think this allows you to travel at a normal speed in the local map until you exceed 2/3 of max party weight allowance. It still affects your movement speed in the over world map. If you don't select this option, your movement will be reduced in the local map as well.

Ok, I guess I will have to try it out :)

So, I played a few more hours of the updated beta and I have mixed feeling about it.

Lots of positives but also quite a bit of negatives.

The NPC that let's you create custom companions is now in. He's got a nice little back story as in how he ended up there and why he is supplying you with these adventurers.

Camping system received an update. On top of camping duties available previously, now you can also assign one of the companions to "special duties" which gives you a different buff/affect - e.g. Regongar scares/intimate weaker enemies away. Previously, you always had to go hunting regardless you have enough food or not, now you can choose to consume rations in your inventory and not go for a hunt.

Owlcat also added in weather affect (rain, wind, thunder etc) - while visually this look impressive, it's rather annoying because your party movement slows to crawl during bad weather, it's like another added encumbered affect!!! I hate it.

New type of enemies are added, which makes combat even more challenging than it was before. Personally, I think it's now bordering on too harsh territory…

Lots of bugs and issues are fixed, but seems like a few new ones are added :/ a bit disappointing since it's very close to the release. Still going to play it from day 1 though.

Back
Top Bottom