Risen 2 - New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deep Silver sent us a press release and screens for Risen 2. I haven't had time to upload them so check them out at World of Risen in the meantime:
12th May 2011 – Hampshire, UK /… Deep Silver today released new impressions from their upcoming role-playing game Risen 2, the sequel to the bestselling Risen™.

The new action screenshots show enemies as well as fights, including innovations as new weapons and special attacks: Risen 2 offers the possibility to tackle enemies from far away with firearms or, if the enemy moves closer, the player can switch into melee combat using piercing or slashing weapons to further weaken the enemy. Also, several enemies have a weak spot which can be exploited by the player with special attacks. Giant crabs can for example be kicked in order to turn them on their back, rendering them helpless.
Thanks also to everyone who wrote in with various links for this.
More information.

Wow, these screens are stunning. Obviously the 360 development is not hindering the PC side here.

Really? which are the new ones in that case? to me that looks so 2008......

compare it to the TW2..........

I don't know about stunning either, but I like that I get more of a Risen feeling from these again, instead of a Pirates of the Carribean vibe. And they certainly look nice enough. 2008 is more than good enough for me ;)

They don't blow me away from a technical standpoint, but I really like the art direction, and that's more important to me anyways.

The hero looks a bit different from the first game though, and I'm not talking about the beard. It looks like they altered his facial features slightly.

same here i find the screenshots highly underwhelming...still i will without a doubt be buying risen 2 on day one and almost surely enjoying it in some fashion like all the other pirahna bytes games.

by the way not sure if TW2 is the witcher 2 or two worlds 2, but if its supposed to be the first which iv'e seen others do doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to use T for a the before a title, regardless of its way to easily to be confused with two worlds 2 (which in its own regard is a ridiculous title...)

2008, hell 2006 is fine enough for me as long as the gameworld is larger than risen's was.

by the way not sure if TW2 is the witcher 2 or two worlds 2, but if its supposed to be the first ...

Yes, I was just gonna comment on this! I see people everywhere saying TW2 this, TW2 that, and I get confused! Most of the time they'll mean The Witcher 2, though, since that's what people talk about at the moment, with the release imminent and all.

Risen 2 looks like old tech to me, the contrast needs to be turned down too - a lot of the blacks are total black with no graduation at all.

That said though, I like the art a bit ;-)

That thing with the light bulb that looks like the offspring of a deep sea fish and a grasshopper made me chuckle... I think they're pushing it.

we already solved that in another thread 2W2 = two worlds two.... TW2 = the witcher 2.

Really? which are the new ones in that case? to me that looks so 2008……

compare it to the TW2……….

I agree, i'm not impressed at all.. The gamma is totally off in those screens though, which doesnt help the graphics.

I've lately been playing Gothic3 with maximum details (a lot of .ini changes), it looks a bit better than Risen imo, the level of detail in the environments is just insane, like hundreds of different texture variations of grasses etc.. Never seen that before in any game. I can totally understand why the rest of the game isnt that polished, must've taken them ages placing all that stuff.

That thing with the light bulb that looks like the offspring of a deep sea fish and a grasshopper made me chuckle… I think they're pushing it.

Yes, also the offspring of a crab making out with a turtle looks bizarre. And the sails of the ship stay still the whole days :)
But who cares, as long as they deliver RPG at least as good as before, this time with dungeon sequences equally distributed through the whole game, we can be happy.

I am saddened by the fact you guys don't think this looks great. I certainly think it looks great. The day/night/dawn screens of that port just blow me away, as does the vibrant art style and textures.

Oh well.

It looks good enough.

Can't wait to play a sniper pirate:D

I'm still doubtful the game will be released this year. As for the screenshots all I can say is there colorful and bright.

Bloom and Pirates!

I don't like the "bloom". I love the pirates.

Nothing crazy, i do like the art direction though.

Also, the whole 'pirate rpg' theme is rather fresh and interesting.

A bit too colourful for my tastes, bud overall certainly good enough for me.
The nightly shot is pure next-gen Monkey island and that terrestrial iteration of angler is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom