Mars - Release Date Announced

Got the Steam Code (from greenmangaming) and steam recognised the code but it wouldn't install (said the app was not released).

Did you receive it via email or did it just show up in your GMG account? I haven't received anything yet.

*Edit* I just received it a few minutes ago. It's also on Steam now. Downloading...

Last edited:
I also didn't get the code on GMG yet, but on their forum they say some got it, some didn't got it yet but it will be given till the actual release.
As M already said, the release will probably happen later today.

All I hope from this game is that those mentioned numerous sidequests are not Syrimlike "clean the same dungeon all over again 100+ times". I really hope that enemies, unilke your character, are not TNO from PST who automatically gets resurrected.

man I love the theme song from main menu

An update - just got the key and I see the game is listed on Steam. :)

Looking forward to comments about this game.. please post when you have some :)

I played through the introduction and the first few tutorials. It seems to be very much an action-adventure in the vein of Gothic or Risen. Although I can't yet tell if it's anywhere near as open as those games. Control-wise, it's most similar to Risen 2 with a camera view that can rotate 360 degrees.

The visuals are pretty dated by today's standards, and the textures appear to be somewhat low-res even with all settings maxed. That's not surprising considering the entire install is only 2.7 GB.

Music is pretty good from what I've heard so far, and I like the atmosphere. It sort of reminds me of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, but I think the prison setting in the beginning is probably the biggest reason for that.

I can't play for a few more hours (work) but I like what I hear.
As I don't really care if graphics is not Avatar quality. ;)

Can't wait.

Only 20.00? WTH?
Nobody is complaining about quality or anything in the Steam forums so that's something. Getting more comparisons to the Witcher then Risen.
Someone reported about a 15 hr campaign. Still, I'll wait for some more Watch reviewers take on it.

Is this thread not updated because everyone is too busy playing? or too dissapointed to bother?

Our review will be up in a couple of hours.

And many of us posted stuff about it in other threads about Mars:WL.

I adored the game for example. Some found it worthless to bother with.

Our review will be up in a couple of hours.

I hope that there will be focus on the rpg mechanics/features, choices and consequences and companion aspects which many reviewers, including RPS, seem to ignore compared to the genere and focus mainly on the graphics, voice overs and pixels!

By the way, there are now two Steam updates for the game (mainly graphical and quest bug fixes).

Any review that will focus on sometimes cheesy VO, on bad lipsync, and pretty much outdated graphics will result with 1/10.
Luckily, we're on RPGwatch. Not on FPSwatch. I hope. ;)

Well.... lets just say it is an interesting read :)

Back
Top Bottom