Sword Coast Legends - Last Chance to Purchase

Nah, all unity games just use unity relay servers for multiplayer. I'm not even sure if you can do unity multiplayer any other way. Horrible engine for NWN3 :p
Google Escape from Tarkov. They use Unity as well.

As for this game, I would not even touch it if it was free and it has been since release on pirate sites.
Some games are not even worth their GB in download.

I'm mildly interested in the game, especially since opinions on it seem to vary wildly and I don't really care whether the d&d ruleset is true to original.

Can anyone tell me how long the single-player campaign is? How is exploration and how linear/open is the game world? Thanks!

I'm mildly interested in the game, especially since opinions on it seem to vary wildly and I don't really care whether the d&d ruleset is true to original.

Can anyone tell me how long the single-player campaign is? How is exploration and how linear/open is the game world? Thanks!

I'd say it's between 20-50 hours depending on your playstyle.

Exploration is relatively limited and it's definitely mostly a linear experience. Also, it can get quite repetitive with a lot of samey battles.

But, overall, it's not that bad.

Ah ... apparently I already own it. Wonder if I ever even installed it or played any part. Think I tried when my Alienware was dying and before I rebuilt it. Perhaps I should try again :)

So.....The story is simple: the publishing contract expired. That's one. The developer went bankrupt and is dead and buried (happened last year). That's two. Hence, there is no one to renew the publishing deal. Seems that n-Space kept the rights, but going down, the rights probably reverted back to Hasbro (they are the owners of the Wizards of the Coast and the D&D related products, Beamdog can milk the franchise for now, but that happens only with Hasbro's blessing and when Hasbro will decide that Beamdog does more bad than good to their sales, they will get those rights back in a heartbeat)

It depends of what Hasbro will do with the game, if they choose to renew the deal or forget that this game existed.

Sadly, this game had the potential to be a great game, but that potential was wasted.

From the steam board it seems that the game has a lot of game ending bugs in major quests. Not sure how true that is but more then a few complaints of being unable to finish the game due to silly bugs.

I can't seem to find a description of the "Deluxe" vs regular editions. Any insight?

I think it includes a sound track.

Edit: Found this list at the Steam forums, so soundtrack and in-game items mostly.

INCLUDES:
- Sword Coast Legends.
- Armor and Weapons.
- Beholder.
- Lost Mines dungeon tile set.
- Order of the Burning Dawn Cloak.
- Soundtrack.
- Tome of Knowledge.
- Wisps.
- Hero Forum Badge.
- DM Forum Badge.

I need to pick this up. For $5, it doesn't have to do much.

I hope no-one paid $240 for the collectors edition, with scale model of the demon Belaphoss.

Back
Top Bottom