Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
WhatIfGaming used an inside source to obtain information on the alleged The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade. Please take their article with a grain of salt. Nothing is confirmed. Here's only their intro:

It seems The Witcher 3 graphics controversy never ends, and it is for good reason. Recently it has been quite apparent to a lot of people with footage showing up all over the web of newer PC build gameplay demos supposedly running on ULTRA on the PC (Poland preview event) which pales in comparison to the 2013 gameplay trailer. We contacted our insider who provided us information on The Division downgrade and apparent delay into 2016 months ago – who managed to connect us with someone in the know-how at CD Projekt RED last night to further explain the situation and set the record straight.

Here is simply what they had to say in regards to the whole thing (we advise everyone to take it with a grain of salt, despite having vetted their identity ourselves):
More information.

I don't even care anymore. Just bring this beauty into my hands. :D
I'm sure CDPR will give it the support it needs with the enhanced edition.

The one thing that bothers me, and this applies to most games, is that I don't think they're using their engines to the full extent they could be used. They're practically rebuilding their engine for every iteration. I would give anything for 2-3 more Witcher games using this same engine, just with improvements. I mean, it's already ahead of the competition. The effort that goes into writing something like this from scratch is enormous, and would be better spent producing content (story, quests, dialogue, design, worlds, etc). Or at least have part of the team work on the next engine iteration, and let the other produce 3D/audio/gameplay content for the current engine. I mean, that's the actual meat of the game. Not how well that meat is rendered.

Witcher 3 Newsbit flood incoming... :)

That's not PC - it shows A, B, X controls.
And of course, toiletpaper ads.

Next fraud please!

Now this was an intresting thing to read. Thanks for posting it!

And thanks to whoever posted it in one of the other threads!

Next fraud please!

It says PC + most PC games (ports/multi platform) shows the buttons if you're using a controller, try Skyrim, Dark Souls, Far Cry and you'll see…

Next fraud please!

Couldn't that be just PC using an xbox controller, because mouse and keyboard support is not there yet?

Everything is there, it's just not PC version they're showing.

Everything is there, it's just not PC version they're showing.

How do you know? It's either that or xbone and neither are supposed to be out for review yet. Could easily be.

Where are they supposed to have received a copy for streaming?

Don't know but since it's clearly PC or xbone controller they must have got hold of something we thought wasn't out.

EDIT: Unless a fake livestream using video from that preview event from last week.

Where are they supposed to have received a copy for streaming?

umm, you've never heard of review / preview copies? It's very common that journalists gets a copy before it reaches the stores, it's been a standard since the 1980's, if not before ;)

Couldn't that be just PC using an xbox controller, because mouse and keyboard support is not there yet?

lol.. they were sitting in a sofa, which i would say they do in 99% of these "social" events.. would've been fun to see them struggling with a mouse though. i'm pretty sure mouse support is there, we're a few days before relase.

Don't know if it's XBox or PC, but, it looks bad.

How do you know? It's either that or xbone and neither are supposed to be out for review yet. Could easily be.
Could, should, would…
I didn't see them hitting ESC and showing people some options like ubersampling.
Don't know if it's XBox or PC, but, it looks bad.
Everything looks crappy on twitch, so don't worry. :)

I'm not going to take the bait. I'll see the game when I start playing it in 5 days and 21 hours from the time of this post. :)

Resolution is too low to make any comments on actual graphics and the combat mechanics again involve jumping around like a circus acrobat.

Back
Top Bottom