DA:O DA: which version you'll get?

Dragon Age: Origins

Remus

Antihero
For pre-ordering collector edition the software boutique in Malaysia is offering DA t-shirt, with two in-game items - memory band and Feral wolf charm. What kind goodies you guys get for pre-ordering in your country?

I doubt i'll go for the CE thought, the price of regular edition is much lower with same pre-order goodies.

I've gotten the CE based on teh amount of extra stuff (i.e. maps) included there ... it is ~$20 of DLC you can add separately later.

Have had mine preorder for a while. BT games is the only SA participating retailer none of the other stores have any bonus preorder items. I am getting the CE pc edition from with the memory band and guild masters belt. The CE obviously comes with the other 3 bonus items.

Last edited:
I have to go for the collector's edition, simply because it provides the following downloadable item: "Bergen’s Honor". And I live in the city of Bergen, Norway.

In my country it's the Memory Band and a Dalish Promise Ring. I don't think we have a CE. I don't think I would be getting a CE, anyway.

I'm just getting the standard edition, since for some reason the UK CE isn't the same as the rest of the world - we don't get a metal case or cloth map.

I'm getting the CE. There is just too much cool junk to pass on. I gotta decorate my room somehow and I choose the nerdiest way possible. Those walls need my cloth maps on them :D

I'm getting the CE. There is just too much cool junk to pass on. I gotta decorate my room somehow and I choose the nerdiest way possible. Those walls need my cloth maps on them :D

That's the attitude!!!

I have the walls of my den, .. eh home office, around my PC covered with game posters, maps and such. And I've carefully placed the gadgets I've got around and on my monitors.

I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!!

CE like most others; I just can't resist them!! :)

none, but I might think about if by some miracle DA suddenly has multiplayer implemented into it.

Not terrible interested in the world and the "mature" themes have soured me on the SP game.

Its a shame because after my experience with NWN and even a little BG modding, the toolset is something I could really sink my teeth into.

I am going to buy the Collector's Edition, of course.

I am very tempted to preorder the CE to get the ingame items, and the cloth map! (cloth map!!! ) mmmm. Ordering the SE from game.co.uk would cost about half as much as preordering the CE in Australia, though, so I'm conflicted. I think I want to be able to play this game as soon as humanly possible and not miss out on any of the goodies.. but I can't find an Australian release date listed anywhere. I assume it will be the same as EU then... arghh, why must it be so complex? Maybe I should write to Bioware and ask for a review copy, those look really nice and are 'out' now :smitten:

:wall:

It's out on the 5th in Australia & New Zealand, one day before Europe.

I am very tempted to preorder the CE to get the ingame items, and the cloth map! (cloth map!!! ) mmmm. Ordering the SE from game.co.uk would cost about half as much as preordering the CE in Australia, though, so I'm conflicted.

Careful... the Game.co.uk CE does NOT include a cloth map and no metal case either. It's a stripped down CE. I wanted to buy a UK CE of Dragon Age as well but the one from Game is not the real deal and Play.com doesn't even have one listed. That's why I'll be getting the US CE from an online retailer that sells import copies in Germany.

I am very tempted to preorder the CE to get the ingame items, and the cloth map! (cloth map!!! ) mmmm. Ordering the SE from game.co.uk would cost about half as much as preordering the CE in Australia, though, so I'm conflicted. I think I want to be able to play this game as soon as humanly possible and not miss out on any of the goodies.. but I can't find an Australian release date listed anywhere. I assume it will be the same as EU then… arghh, why must it be so complex? Maybe I should write to Bioware and ask for a review copy, those look really nice and are 'out' now :smitten:
:wall:

Last I checked game.co.uk CE is different in that it has plastic covers and no clothmap. Only the US edition and the one in non-uk countries (i.e Finland) has the cloth map.

EA Singapore (which my local software boutique shop getting the game from) listed the collector edition come in wooden though, the rest seem very standard:
—————————————————————————
* Wooden Box
* Bonus DVD including:
o A making of documentary
o Soundtrack
o Trailers
o Wallpaper
o Concept art video
o Strategy tips
* Cloth Map
* 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
o Bergens Honor
o Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
o Final Reason

Slightly tempted to get the CE but feel most of its not valuable to me other than the exclusive in-game content (and I dont actually want anything like a metal case or map and would prefer digital only form). The fact companies do this annoys me to no end and I generally by the SE. Its just not $10-20 worth of value to me. Anyway the content is usually made open shortly after release (like BG2 merchants). I haven't actually been paying attention to the marketing so I'll probably even delay purchase until I get some some reviews indicating if the CE is worth the money.

Ack. I just priced the DA:O CE Digital version for NA and its seems to be $5 more than the physical CE version. $47 for SE at Amazon. $60 for CE at Amazon. $65 for CE from D2D. Thats an $18 difference for digital CE download and I'm not even sure I understand the content differences between the 2 CE releases to know if I'm comparing similar products as D2D drops the DVD and map and adds Warden's Keep. Also Amazon and D2D even have different exclusive items.

If I understood the pricing structure of the DLC and the extent of the content better, I might be more receptive. Stone Prisoner apparently will sell for $15 but nothing on the Warden's Keep. Sounds like D2D version may be worth it after all if I were to buy those extra DLC packs but I'll wait for a while to see if more information is posted later.

Back
Top Bottom