JoWooD - Universe Editions for Gothic, Spellforce & The Guild

Here´s an explanation:
Since the last time they almost killed themselves JoWooD has changed to a low risk strategy.
Releasing later in the UK than in the attached markets which usually get the same version allows them to take the returned unsold Christmas inventory and put it on the shelves in the UK. That way they can be sure they´ll be sitting on much less unsold inventory than after a simultaneous release.

Personally, I believe that you don't need any handbook for Gothic - at least the first game.

All you need to know are the controls, the self is imho quite self-explanatory. Talk a *lot* to people !

I posted this in the Gothic forum as well but didn't get too many replies. Has anyone else here ever encountered monster respawning in Gothic 3?

Last edited:
Thanks Guhndahb for the replacementdocs.com link, I didnt know about that place.

The Spellforce bundle is awesome, that and the Gothic bundle alone could easily keep one busy during an entire year of incarceration or something.

Me personally, I own everything in those but Dragon Wars, so I'm not too excited about the whole thing other than happy that other people can get the whole shebang on these great games and not miss out. Trust me, if you havent played the Spellforce series youre missing out!

I am however going to be getting the Guild bundle tho, Ive been really curious about those games for quite some time.

Gothic 1 x1600 glitches?

Guys,

Can anybody tell me whether or not the version of Gothic 1 on the DVD that installs with Universe experiences the same issues with Radeon X series (x1600, x1400...) cards? The issue I'm refferring to is of course the infamous invisible inventory icon issue in G1 when it is played on these cards. If that issue is fixed, I'll buy this collection tommorrow no questions asked.

Guys,

Can anybody tell me whether or not the version of Gothic 1 on the DVD that installs with Universe experiences the same issues with Radeon X series (x1600, x1400...) cards? The issue I'm refferring to is of course the infamous invisible inventory icon issue in G1 when it is played on these cards. If that issue is fixed, I'll buy this collection tommorrow no questions asked.

Unfortunately, yes.

Since I've finished installing the Canadian release of Gothic Universe, distributed by Dreamcatcher, I can tell you what I've found.

Concerning Copy Protection:
After reading Gorath's statement saying copy protection might be removed I tried running each of the 3 games without the DvDs in the drive and surprisingly each appears to run fine without the DvD. I played each of them a ways past their intros and even tried reloading saves without issue. Possibly at some future point into the game they might want to check the DvD.
Ubbax

I'm experiencing the exact opposite. The first 2 games work fine, but Gothic 3 will not run for me with or without the DVD in the drive. The Gothic 3 splash screen pops up for a few seconds and then I get a message telling me that I need to insert the correct disc and restart, I've tried all 3 disc but nothing works.

Interestingly enough, it will start if I use the disc from my original copy of Gothic 3.

Apparently the Gothic 3 included in Gothic Universe does not work after you patch it with the 1.12 patch, at least not with that disc. How could this get past playtesting?

Hello I just got Spellforce Universe (The last copy :) )... Could someone please confirm the only printed manual is the Spellforce 2 Gold?

Welcome to our forum!

It seems nobody has bought SF Universe. ;)

Maybe you should mail DreamCatcher (= JoWooD US) and JoWooD and post in the JoWooD forum. One of them should come over with an answer.

SF1 Platinum is fully patched. SF2 Gold needs a Community Patch to fix a camera problem with the add-on. An official patch will never come because the developer has been taken over by EA before SF2 Dragon Storm was released.

A small hint for SF1:
Learn the Click 'n' Fight controls. Standard RTS controls are okay, but the special SpellForce thing is better. Especially the table in the SF1 manual is helpful. It´s probably on the disk as a .pdf.

Back
Top Bottom