Age of Conan - Xbox 360 Version Official

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Word via VoodooExtreme is an official announcement that Age of Conan is heading to the Xbox 360:
Funcom announces that 'Age of Conan' is approved for Microsoft's Xbox 360 console. The announcement means that the highly anticipated Massively Multiplayer Online game (MMO) has received the green light from Microsoft, and that Funcom can start official development of an Xbox 360 version of the game.
"This is a groundbreaking leap forward for Funcom. The fact that we now get the chance to develop 'Age of Conan' for the Xbox 360 means access to a potentially whole new and large MMO market," said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. "The fast-paced and innovative combat system in 'Age of Conan' will suit the demanding console audience perfect. We believe the amazing online capabilities of Xbox 360 will be a great match for MMOs like 'Age of Conan', and as one of a handful officially approved MMO games for the console we aim to create a unique, brutal and powerful online gaming experience."
More information.

Why god why do you hate me!

Been following Conan for a long time, I think this is the end though. Hey they might be the first to pull off a good PC/Xbox game...someone has to I guess.

Oh man, I don't take this as good news at all, but then again, I'm not an investor, and in the end it is a business I suppose.
Just seems that rpgs are usually dumbed down for console use. Hope I'm wrong.

On the other hand, the availability on console may mean a greater number of players on a MMO that is not WoW ... at least until it hits the consoles. Who knows ... I hardly care anyway

Well, I've been following this title for quite some time now and I always had mixed feelings when it came to this game. This is pretty much the coup de grâce when it comes to my interest in this game. They will make it a game for idiots now.

Crom, what's there to dumb down, it's a hack and slash MMO.

Sam, what does knee jerk reaction mean ? I'm unfamiliar with a lot of english/american expressions.

Knee-jerk means an automatic reaction of some type. The phrase derives from the old reflex test, where a doctor knocks you slightly on the knee with a small rubber hammer. The leg, by reflex, would give a small kick.

A "knee-jerk" reaction is something that happens automatically. The mention of anything to do with consoles in regard to RPGs (especially cross-platform) will invariably lead to people spazzing out about it, proclaiming it DOA* as far as they are concerned. This is not entirely unjustified, given the past record of "RPG meets Console" debacles that make purists spit in utter contempt, but as you mentioned this is looking to be an action hack and slash type affair that may be suitable or even (gasp) preferable to play on a console.

*dead on arrival

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. For a minute there I thought you were calling me a jerk ! That would have hurt my feelings.
I'm actually looking forward to this game, but I'll try it out -- if I do so -- on the PC. Nothing against consoles but I dont think I want to buy a Gold Live membership.

Back
Top Bottom