Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight - A New Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight - A New Kickstarter RPG in September

Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight is a new game from Druid GameWorks. It's a new studio made of modders from various Bethesda games. You can check out this page with information about the modders.
A shadow looms on the horizon when an ancient foe returns from the depths of the abyss to stake a claim on the land of Midengard. The old ones whisper a prophecy foretelling a time when creation will falter, the ancient god tree from which all life springs will wither and die, and the fate of our worlds will lie on the shoulders of an Unwritten; a rare legendary figure who is unbound from the wheel of fate and who, through their actions, will alter the flow of destiny.

The battle for Midengard begins in the heartlands of Aerendwel, where you alone stand in the balance between good and evil, able to choose your fate and change the fate of of the world. As you quest to uncover the truth about the past and your elusive enemy, will your choices bring salvation to the land…or destruction?
Thanks go to sakichop for this news-bit.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but I hope they have some pre-alpha video before they go on KS and more info on gameplay or else I am skipping it.

Kickstarter link? Or is that just part of the game title? ;)

Kickstarter link? Or is that just part of the game title? ;)
The kickstarter doesn't start till next month. This is more like an introduction to get the word out. It explains right on the webpage I linked to.;)

I'll change the title so no one will get confused.
Hey Guys, some of you may be aware already but Druid Gameworks is getting ready to run our first (and hopefully only) Kickstarter campaign to raise the needed funds for our project budget. While we've been fortunate enough to secure committed private investors to lend their coins to the pile it isn't enough to cover every expense a project like this requires.

If successful, our Kickstarter campaign will allow us to license additional hardware and software we require, like SpeedTree! SpeedTree is a program that creates high quality plant life quickly while keeping the models optimized for the best gameplay performance. It integrates with our engine seamlessly, and will shave weeks off our development time as our engine allows us to paint the SpeedTrees right into our world with a brush stroke!
aa_clap.gif
But a commercial game license isn't cheap for any software especially across three platforms, we're going to need some help. Your pledges will also allow us to hire additional artists to boost our workflow and as a result, get the finished game to your waiting hands even faster! Imagine being able to chew up a new breed of RPG game this time next year! A game made for gamers by gamers, with no pesky publishing moguls to curb the development, and rich in unique features to make happy gamers!

With your support, we can make this happen!
good.gif

Our Kickstarter is set to run on September 15th and during our campaign we will be revealing the first glimpses of our game world. We have been busily prototyping the City of Fearn, one of seven major and unique cities in Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight.

Last edited:
Thx for us lexically challenged! ;)

Planned Features
•Open World Map with Few Load Screens
•Unique Explorable Landscapes
•Playable Races with Rich Histories
•Unique Alternate Starts
•Evolving Story and Game Map that Respond to Your Choices
•Crafting and Trading
•Deep and Varied Questlines
•Customized Companions and Mounts
•Dungeon Diving & Rewards
•Unique Weaponry with Race Bonuses
•Optional Survival Needs (Eating, Sleeping, etc)
•Role-playing Immersion Focus
•And much, much, more!

Not much info about the scope of the project yet. From the description and kind of logically since they are all TES modders, it will be 3D, realistic graphics, open world, and action combat - but they will have to compromise somewhere, they can't realistically make a TES rival with a team of a dozen and a minimum budget.

The battle for Midengard begins in the heartlands of Aerendwel.

'Midengard', seriously? Someone's making full use of their Cliched Fantasy Name Generator.

I'm interested and wont let the naysayers persuade me from this game.:cool: Those that are interested the game takes place in a Norse/Celtic setting.

gallery_2_3_69583.jpg

Tell me they won't clone the games they've modded and I'm in.

I'm not trying to pee in anyone's Corn Flakes, but I'm growing weary of these sorts of heroes and milieu. There's such a sameness to it all. Can anyone recommend a game, if it even exists, where it's Just A Guy who goes off adventuring and the Fate of The World doesn't rest on his shoulders? I'm so tired of the ancient, faceless evils rising from some abyss and a Chosen One must somehow, against all odds, Save The World!

I'm not trying to pee in anyone's Corn Flakes, but I'm growing weary of these sorts of heroes and milieu. There's such a sameness to it all. Can anyone recommend a game, if it even exists, where it's Just A Guy who goes off adventuring and the Fate of The World doesn't rest on his shoulders? I'm so tired of the ancient, faceless evils rising from some abyss and a Chosen One must somehow, against all odds, Save The World!

This kind of stories are better suited for RPG, who wants fantasy RPG without epic monsters to kill :).For different kind of stories try adventure games, there are some really good non-epic stories there.

'Midengard', seriously? Someone's making full use of their Cliched Fantasy Name Generator.

Midenskyrimgard :)

If they are all modders with no original game development experience, they may want to start on somewhat familiar ground without delving into an entirely new worldscape. Plus they may simply enjoy working on that type of game.

Well, DA2 went that route and it turned out great.;)

Seriously though you could play any ES game and just not do the main quest. I personally never tire of saving the world or the fantasy setting but that's just me.

As for this game not much news yet. I will definitley back a kickstarter though, if for no other reason than to see how it all turns out.

Seems very early and while they did some great mods I would assume making a game from scratch is a whole different ball game.

I hope they are successful and look forward to hearing more.

the word Twilight in the title makes me think of a popular book series. I wonder if that's an accident.

A shadow looms on the horizon when an ancient foe returns from the depths of the abyss to stake a claim on the land of Midengard. The old ones whisper a prophecy foretelling a time when creation will falter, the ancient god tree from which all life springs will wither and die, and the fate of our worlds will lie on the shoulders of an Unwritten; a rare legendary figure who is unbound from the wheel of fate and who, through their actions, will alter the flow of destiny.

My my my. That's a pretty unique level of suckiness their striving for :rolleyes:

Those that are interested the game takes place in a Norse/Celtic setting.

Really? What could have possibly given it away?

It must be witchcraft, you divined the future using witchcraft! HSS!

My my my. That's a pretty unique level of suckiness their striving for :rolleyes:
Really? What could have possibly given it away?

It must be witchcraft, you divined the future using witchcraft! HSS!

I think someone here woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Do you need some warm milk with that attitude, or maybe a bar of soap?:roll:

Here's a few that come to mind:

The Witcher / Witcher 2: While Geralt definitely tends to have an impact on the world, for the most part he is just doing his job (slaying monsters) or helping out various friends / royalty. Both games are full of moral ambiguity and the final boss fight in The Witcher 2 is entirely optional.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: You can save a few people, but like pretty much anything in the cyberpunk genre, it's not really about saving the world…

Drakensang: River of Time: A really good RPG. Kind of a light-hearted adventure.

Fallout 1 or 2; although Fallout (especially the second game) plays around with the chosen one saving the world trope, the post-apocalyptic world is largely beyond saving. Besides those games are awesome (so much better than 3) and you should definitely play them if by some chance you never have.

Back
Top Bottom