RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Released
View Single Post

June 19th, 2019, 00:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It does look like a good game if you like this sort of thing, but I find so many reviews somewhat amusing. The game was just released earlier today, so the vast majority of those reviews are people who've only played it for a few hours. I skimmed through about 30 of them and the longest play time I saw was 6.5 hours, and most of them were far less than that.

I don't see the point of leaving a review for a game you've barely played. It's as if a lot of these people simply have a "I was here first!" mentality and don't care that they've only seen a portion of the full game.

Anyways, I'll probably play this eventually, but I'm a little burnt out on metroidvanias right now after recently finishing Steamworld Dig 2.
Yeah, well, a lot of those reviews are from people who love SotN and are looking for a similar experience. That is primarily who the game was aimed at and I'd think it probably wouldn't take more than a handful of hours to play to see if it succeeds… so I think those reviews and telling and useful in that regard. This isn't so much about reviewing a "new" game with a lot of systems to discover and a deep story to uncover but instead ascertaining whether it captures that "feel" of SotN.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)