Last game(s) you bought

Okay okay, because discount + more discount by uPlay points, I bought AC Vikings.
Gold Edition ofc.
It won't get my goty vote (Helix microtranactions), but I've plodded through all of potential candidates in this year so I can go play some ingame loitering, right?
Oh, speaking of that AC, can I ask which edition you'd recommend? Is the season pass (or the Ultimate Pack) any interesting? I'm usually very skeptical about those and tend to take the Standard Edition but it's been a long time since I last bought AC.

Final Fantasy franchise was on sale so I picked up FF9 - let's see if I can get into FF/JRPG now since I enjoyed Monster Hunter: World a lot.

Final Fantasy franchise was on sale so I picked up FF9 - let's see if I can get into FF/JRPG now that I was totally addicted to Monster Hunter: World.

Not one of my favorites, but I'll think you'll like it. Some of the earlier titles are better imo, but part of that is probably nostalgia.

Not one of my favorites, but I'll think you'll like it. Some of the earlier titles are better imo, but part of that is probably nostalgia.

From what I heard, FF6 and 7 seem to be the most popular ones, while FF8 and 9 are very divisive.

I got FF9 simply because of Vivi :)

From what I heard, FF6 and 7 seem to be the most popular ones, while FF8 and 9 are very divisive.

I definitely liked the former more than the latter. I also liked FF4 a lot.

I didn't care for the gameplay mechanics in FF8 especially the magic system. I also remember it being very grindy even by JRPG standards.

FF9 is too cartoony for my taste. It's sort of like FF meets Disney. A lot of people really like it though.

I got FF9 simply because of Vivi :)
Is FF9 the remake one, or was that FF7. At least I think it is remastered. I don't think I will be able to cope with the old-style FFs (no pun intended) anymore.

I recently finished FF15 and I was really into the story. Feeling quite nostalgic afterwards (still have to do the 3 DLCs). The side quests though... ugh, boring fetch and kill stuff.

Final Fantasy Nine does not, of course, even come close to the masters that are the first six games, but you can still have a great deal of fun with it. If you like any of the prior offerings, you should enjoy nine. =)

Final Fantasy Nine does not, of course, even come close to the masters that are the first six games, but you can still have a great deal of fun with it. If you like any of the prior offerings, you should enjoy nine. =)

Huh? Final Fantasy I-III are like Ultima I-III. Dated, and not at all resembling what came later in the series.

IX is pretty well liked overall by the fanbase. It's probably my third favorite personally, after X and VI. (or fourth, if you count FFVII Remake)

Is FF9 the remake one, or was that FF7. At least I think it is remastered. I don't think I will be able to cope with the old-style FFs (no pun intended) anymore.

I recently finished FF15 and I was really into the story. Feeling quite nostalgic afterwards (still have to do the 3 DLCs). The side quests though… ugh, boring fetch and kill stuff.

FF7 remake part 1 is out. I thinks all old FFs are remastered on Steam.

I couldn't resist anymore and bought a few games at Steam because i couldn't find them at GOG ( which I still vastly prefer over Steam ).

Among them are Eashshade ( although I'm pretty sure i won't be able to run this on my current PC - but hey , it was/is on sale ! ;) ) ,

both Nelly Cootalot games
Weakless
Milkmaid Of The Milky Way
Captain Morgane And The Golden Turtle (why is So Blone not on Steam ???)
Heaven's Vault (it's about Archaeology !)

I'm the same way, Alrik. I always to go great old games first, I'll even give them six months to a year and see if they'll acquire the newer game I might be looking for, before I defect to Steam. There's just something I vastly prefer about actually owning a game compared to simply being licensed to use the same.

The last game I bought for PC was Heroes III and it was not 56372 years ago xD In my opinion, such game classics deserve legal purchase. How many hours did I lose in this game when I was a child. I remember when I didn't have a computer at home yet and I used to visit my neighbor: D Those were the days! And now...? Tell the child that there is no computer at home, he will not believe you, because how can you live this way: D

steam sale is over, got a few rpgs

Disco Elysium
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Expeditions: Viking
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition
Dark Quest 2

Darkwood

It's a top down survival-horror game that's been getting rave reviews ever since it was released. I'm not a fan of that camera angle for horror games which is why I didn't get it until now, but I figured it was time to give it a try.

Darkwood

It's a top down survival-horror game that's been getting rave reviews ever since it was released. I'm not a fan of that camera angle for horror games which is why I didn't get it until now, but I figured it was time to give it a try.

I played it too, I'm sure there is a story in it but I couldn't put its pieces together, so I put it aside. I think it's a good game, will get back to it eventually.

I played xuan Yuan sword quite a bit for the story and the combat isn't too hard
Enjoying the interaction between the main character and his sister-lots of bantering going on between the two

But I bought Citadel a couple of weeks ago and got quite far playing with my brother
I like the crafting and mob hunting and building and a a new expansion is supposed to drop soon

I played it too, I'm sure there is a story in it but I couldn't put its pieces together, so I put it aside. I think it's a good game, will get back to it eventually.

Played it for a little while this morning, and yeah, it's not for me. I made it to Day 3 before quitting.

I already knew I wasn't going to like the camera angle, but I didn't realize crafting was such a strong element. The atmosphere is great though. I wish the developers had had the budget to make it in first or third person.

(…) I didn't realize crafting was such a strong element.
Me too. I actually entered the game without too much previous knowledge. I managed to craft some obvious items but not that much.
The atmosphere is great though.

That nobody can deny. Now imagine if the game was 1st or 3rd person…
But even so, the game is very atmospheric indeed. I once decided to venture far from that house where we stay in, late into the night. I could hear some noises (howls and barks) in the distance, but even so I kept going. I was afraid but I kept going :)
I was later attacked by some beast, some kind of wild dog, I don't know, and then I got killed. It was creepy and fun at the same time.

Last edited:
I bought Hades for Switch (it was on a better sale than PC version), but have many hours of Trails of Cold Steel III between now and getting to play that! (which I only bought on sale a few weeks ago) :D

Cyberpunk 2077, Elex, and Red Dead Redemption 2. All on physical disc so I have to wait a couple of days.

I heard a lot about this game 'cyberpunk' so I wanted to see what the fuss was about. Bought RDR2 just for the graphics (no need to go outside anymore). I guess I'm the most excited about Elex. The only game in there.

Back
Top Bottom