Blizzard to Force Real Names on Forums

First time you've had someone track you down using your real name off the forum and attempt to rob or kill you, you might change your tune. Given the harassment that females already get in-game, I shudder to think of what would happen had they been forced to give out their identity.

There is already something called facebook, so what is the difference exactly?

Not that I would ever dream of using facebook.........

There is already something called facebook, so what is the difference exactly?

Not that I would ever dream of using facebook………

And people I know who use Facebook have had their house cleaned out by a "friend" on FB. I'm certain if I felt like searching, I could find much, much worse.

So in short; there isn't much difference.

First time you've had someone track you down using your real name off the forum and attempt to rob or kill you, you might change your tune. Given the harassment that females already get in-game, I shudder to think of what would happen had they been forced to give out their identity.

My real name and address are a matter of public record, and any whack job I accidentally cut off in traffic can find them out. And I probably tick more people off with my driving than I ever will on the dozens of forums I visit. Yes, there is always a danger, but I think the odds are overstated, and they are certainly not limited to online exchanges.

You can get robbed or killed walking down the street, and most women have no shortage of harassment doing the same. I fail to see how putting your name online makes it worse. May as well live in a cave if you are going to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom