Mass Effect 3 - Multiplayer Detailed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Chris Priestly has detailed the multiplayer facilities for Mass Effect 3 with a forum post that includes an outline and then a FAQ. Here's the outline and head over for the full post:
Hi Everyone

Today BioWare and the Mass Effect 3 team are very pleased to announce 4 player co-op multiplayer missions and the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system for Mass Effect 3 on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

4 player co-op multiplayer

Join your friends in the all-out galactic war to take Earth back. The universe of Mass Effect expands with the addition of new co-op multiplayer missions, playable over Xbox Live, PSN and PC internet. Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control. Success in multi-player will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory against the greatest threat mankind – and the entire galaxy – has ever faced.

Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War

As a bonus to the campaign, BioWare is introducing the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, a new way for players to manage and experience the galactic war from multiple fronts, including a new 4-player co-op mode. The key to saving the galaxy is the “Galactic Readiness” level, measured by Commander Shepard’s ability to apply
every possible asset – people, weapons, resources, armies, fleets – in the final battle against the Reapers. Players can impact their game’s Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months. It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience – it is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone.
In related news, IGN has a Reactions piece with various staff expressing their views on the addition of multiplayer to the Mass Effect series.
More information.

{sigh} I *knew* we shouldn't let the extroverts get into our hobby.

{sigh} I *knew* we shouldn't let the extroverts get into our hobby.

I fear that you might have more right in this statement than you might imagine ... I recently followed a seriously meant discussion on the psychology of extroverts and introverts.

Nowadays, within this age, extroverts are favoured much, much more than introverts. IT goes even so far that introverts are almost considered "sick" or "ill", because they just don't want to do what extroverts love to do ... And extreroverts, that's definitive, get to the top within our society much, much, much faster ...

Oh how the mighty do fall.:evilgrin:

So this is why the game was delayed to pay for the co-op and multiplayer mode. Is anyone surprised by this?

You are 10 credits short of ending B, please insert more coins/facebook friends/multiplayer passes/twits

You are 10 credits short of ending B, please insert more coins/facebook friends/multiplayer passes/twits

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, I already planned to buy ME3 once it reach the same price I paid for ME1&2 or less aka 8$.

Back
Top Bottom