Gods - LoI - Review @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Slamming the story as "ridiculous", GameSpot has reviewed Gods: Lands of Infinity and awarded a score of 4/10:
Role-playing games don't come much cheaper or generic than Gods: Lands of Infinity. This by-the-numbers RPG isn't so much awful as it is afflicted by a total lack of innovation by the developers at Cypron Studios and bargain basement production values. With that said, this is still a relatively competent take on the genre that you might enjoy, depending on your tolerance for tedium, as well as some of the goofiest voice acting and dialogue ever committed to an RPG.
More information.

They want "innovation" and rate Oblivion a 9.3? Now that's silly, isn't it?

I'm actually giving this game a try. Spent about an hour with it last night and it didn't seem too bad besides all the running around and Fed Ex quests. Of course my standards aren't crazy high like others.

I downloaded the demo the other day, and uninstalled it after about 20 minutes. The crude comments from Eastern European NPCs about my character (the character that the game sticks you with) were just too much for me. I don't have a huge problem with a game portraying a sexist, medieval atmosphere, but I at least want to be able to play a character that doesn't put up with it. In Fallout I could threaten or kill somebody for treating me like that.

In some strange unexplainable way, having played all 3 demo's, i would rather play this game than Oblivion, if just for the combat system alone. I would give any game a minimum of 5 from 10 for the shear effort of making a game, also a couple of points for curiosity. This gives roughly 7.5 from 10 at least. I would play this game to see how the combat evolves at the higher levels.

It's very tactical at higher levels. In fact, brute strength just won't work; you have to move people, buff, heal, mix in spells, rest at appropriate times, etc, to have any hope of success!! The Demo is not really indicative of later play; it gets better, IMO.

Yes, it get's really hard at the end. Even with a strong party you have to plan every combat very thoroughly (or die fast ; - )

I've barely gotten anywhere yet but certainly find it interesting so far.

The one thing that annoys me so far is the constant eating and drinking after I rest to get my health/mana back, could've done without this.

Back
Top Bottom