GOG - D&D Weekend Sale

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Good Old Games has a Dungeons and Dragons sale this weekend, with up to 80% discount for the following titles: Baldur`s Gate 2 Complete, Baldur`s Gate: The Original Saga, Icewind Dale 2 Complete, Icewind Dale Complete, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard, Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete, Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition, Planescape: Torment.
More information.

That's an amazing amount of gaming for $20 but is there really anyone left that wants these games that doesn't already own them?

Interesting. An increasing rebate scheme.

I hadn't picked up NWN2 yet as I bought all the others (outside DemonStone and DragonShard) before NWN2 made it to GOG. I love that they take into account if you have already bought part of the deal and give you the discount anyway! Now I have a digital copy of NWN2 for only $4.79!

That's an amazing amount of gaming for $20 but is there really anyone left that wants these games that doesn't already own them?

There are late bloomers around, perhaps those who have found they like RPGs but were too young (or too busy with their careers / kids) to devote 100+ hours back in the day.

Although the bad graphics and rough UI of these classics take their toll. I recently tried to get a friend (who I played Ultima V with, when it was released back in 600 BC) to give NWN a go. Got uninstalled after 10 minutes. Too used to modern eye candy...

well I uninstalled nwn after few days of playing in the year it was released… it was too boring for me back then (isometric view and no squadmates?!), never played dragonshart tho ><

I hadn't ever played the Icewind series, and this sale has helped make it certain that I will. Enjoying Icewind 1 so far, and now thanks to this sale I have the second one lined up and ready to go.

-Carn

There are late bloomers around, perhaps those who have found they like RPGs but were too young (or too busy with their careers / kids) to devote 100+ hours back in the day.

Although the bad graphics and rough UI of these classics take their toll. I recently tried to get a friend (who I played Ultima V with, when it was released back in 600 BC) to give NWN a go. Got uninstalled after 10 minutes. Too used to modern eye candy…

Did he try the OC first, cause that could have been the problem!

Although the bad graphics and rough UI of these classics take their toll. I recently tried to get a friend (who I played Ultima V with, when it was released back in 600 BC) to give NWN a go. Got uninstalled after 10 minutes. Too used to modern eye candy…
I can't see me going to replay that game in any possible future. And not because of the graphics, that graphics is probably the only thing I can live with.

Ultima V or NWN? What was wrong with it (whichever)? I actually had loads of fun with both UV and HoTU.

In my case - NWN.
Dunno what's HotU, but NWN is less fun than tetris.
Nothing is wrong with Ultima series except the last one - Bugscension.

Nice sale - I do have about everything on there except for NWN 2. Even though I have it on steam I think I'll snag it, with the added bonus of the soundtracks and MoW.

Excellent question (don't count me in) ! If only those were games having problems running on current OSs but most of the ones I own and know run just fine on XP and probably on Win 7. The only ones I could get here are Demon stone and NWN2 but as any other cRPGs I'd rather buy them boxed first then digitally afterwards.

In my case - NWN.

The OC bored me to tears and I never got more than a few hours into it, but the expansions I am told were good (I have them but have never played them). I downloaded a fair number of user created campaigns over the years and many of them were amazing.

Maybe that's just my opinion but I wouldn't recommend bothering with this one. It's mostly a RTS anyway, rather than a cRPG, even if it uses some of the D&D rules.

Yeah, I have no desire to buy it or Demon Stone.

In my case - NWN.

The OC has not aged well, though there are some fantastic quests (a personal favorite is the one where you have to judge two dead brothers in a cursed castle). HoTU is a NWN expansion and is awesome (unless you were bored by the combat in the first place, in which case even the much improved story and level design of HoTU won't help). You don't need to import from NWN either in case you're ever tempted to check it out.

I disagree!

Dragonshard is quite good, and it does some unique things when it comes to the RTS genre. If you like D&D and you like RTS games, you need to check it out. What have you got to lose, a few bucks?

I disagree!

Dragonshard is quite good, and it does some unique things when it comes to the RTS genre. If you like D&D and you like RTS games, you need to check it out. What have you got to lose, a few bucks?

Ah, few bucks if you buy the whole package - that is the catch you see. This offer is more designed to get you the whole package cheaply, but for one or two titles the discount is not the best (40-45% respectively).

Back
Top Bottom