What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Yes, I love it,too.
And most of all I loved its message behind it. :)

Is it true that Germany is the only country in which the new Dragon short movie is NOT published in the regular releases ?

I can only find a "limited edition" "Amazon.de exclusive" DVD+Blueray combo box, which is sold out, and is currently only being offered by someone "used" for 50 Euros on Amazon Germany … This appears to be the ONLY German-language release of "How to train your dragon" with the short movie in it …

http://www.amazon.de/Drachenzähmen-...ef=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290290044&sr=1-3

Amazon.com - on the other side - offers Blueray and DVD 2-disc packages containing the new short movie - and they appear to be not limited in any way !

Ah, yes, this is what I hate so much : I would have to import it if I want to see it … I would have to watch it in any other language but my own … I get angry when I have the feeling to be screwed again - in this case by Amazon Germany … Maybe this is evn a kind of punishment because Germany has such a bad reputation as THE country of illegal copying ?

Amazon, I hate you.

I'm very, very, very angry right now.

Just finished watching The Godfather ll on AMC, and now I'm watching the The Godfather.

I can't count how many times I've already seen these films, but I never grow tired of them.

I still can't decide if I like The Godfather more than The Godfather II - but they're definitely among the best of all time.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to choose between them. The only thing that most people agree on is that part III was vastly inferior to the first two movies.

I never quite understood what the title "Godfather" meant - I was always taking it literally.

A god/father of the Mafia … This give it a nice twist, imho.

I learned its true meaning only this year, I think. Shame on me. ;)

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to choose between them. The only thing that most people agree on is that part III was vastly inferior to the first two movies.

Vastly inferior? Maybe, but still very good and probably the most entertaining of them.

Just watched the first 5 Harry Potter films with the GF, in preparation for the 6th - which we're going to see this upcoming weekend.

I've seen them before, but without much interest and typically a while after release. Never really cared for them, to be honest.

Surprisingly, I found myself really enjoying 3, 4, and especially 5. I'm genuinely excited about the 6th one. The first two are still too juvenile and boring for me, but they're nice to have seen to get the whole picture.

I haven't read any of the books, and I don't intend to - but I'm finally starting to see the appeal. Not exactly fantastic - but they do have some cute touches. I still think it's mostly a mish-mash of "borrowed" ideas, but with enough flavor to make them work on occasion.

Visually and in terms of atmosphere - they're quite inspired! :)

Oh my, I just discovered there's a lost Harry Potter movie that I never saw ;)

Haha! Goes to show how much I follow that series.

Got to get that before the weekend!

Nah, I recently bought all the films. I've not seen Episode 3, and since it's been years since I saw Attack of the Clones I decided it's best to basically start again and go from Ep 1 thru Ep 6. Oh, and it'll refresh my memory for Robot Chicken Star Wars Episode 3 next year and maybe even help me in Lego Star Wars.

Nah, I recently bought all the films. I've not seen Episode 3, and since it's been years since I saw Attack of the Clones I decided it's best to basically start again and go from Ep 1 thru Ep 6.

Attack of the Clones was the best of the prequels imo. Episode 3 isn't completely terrible, but it could/should have been so much better. Phantom Menace was a complete insult.

Hayden Christensen was a major reason those movies were such a disappointment to me. He was the wrong choice to play that part, and his acting was horrendous.

I think it had less to do with Hayden - and more to do with being directed by Lucas in front of a green-screen, based on a Lucas script. Almost all acting in the prequels is horrendously bad - even from great actors like Neeson and Portman.

I've seen Hayden in other films, and he's actually quite talented - imo.

Lucas is just a terrible writer and director. Maybe he inspired Bethesda? ;)

Back
Top Bottom