The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Thanks a lot AZ!!!!! :) Hope you get well quickly!!

What is the status of people getting the Feywild expansion? Anyone who still haven't got that?

We could always run some of those quests at an appropriate epic difficulty. Running them on hard is definitely not a problem even if some are under level. Nice gear to the found there too and it seems the drop rates are improved like they usually are for a few months after a new expansion is out. I've run these quests 3 times and have a lot of items already.

They're quite fun and different. Slayers and explorers in the area could be fun too.

Anyway: Running heroic Feywild should be on our menu for the next main group if all have got the expansion. Quests are level 5 and 6 so we can run them at 7 or 8.

Alrik, are you still expecting to be out this week? That's fine, just trying to plan.

I expect myself to be online. I do not think that we'll have anything going on until midnight local time.

I did only 1 quest of the Feywild so far, because I couldn't find more playing time this week.

Edit : IF we do Feywild, then I'd like to join Corwin's group, which is usually a lot slower than Peter's. I really want to take at least a glimpse at everything instead of or before rushing through it !

I think it's too early for anyone to rush through the Feywild quests yet. First you have to learn them and know what is essential and where the named loot chests are. That takes quite a few runs.

Some of the guildies are quite fast moving with striding boots, haste and having enhancements to boost speed. I have to work hard too to keep up with certain "perma hasted" persons.

What is true, though, is that most of us aren't flower sniffing quests we know very well because we run them for xp and loot. Corwin isn't flower sniffing either, but he's hit by a "perma slow" spell so it feels like his group is flower sniffing. :)

Do you have to purchase Feywild? I know I haven't. Is it a 'real' money thing like Sharn or just points? Anyway Peter, I'm TOO old to run fast anymore!! :p :)

Do you have to purchase Feywild? I know I haven't. Is it a 'real' money thing like Sharn or just points? Anyway Peter, I'm TOO old to run fast anymore!! :p :)
It's a "real money" expansion. We won't be doing anything with it as a group until next year, so you've got some time to save your pennies.

OK, so here's the plan. Assumption number one is that we have full attendance, which I think is accurate.

Corwin and Alrik want to do epic Keep for a gear run. That's fine, but that side was underpowered tonight so we'd need to do something different.

Option 1- everyone runs regular toons. We mix up the split to spread the power around a bit. 3 of us repeat the chain, pretty much as a loot run because the XP would be pointless for at least 2 of the 3. Based on tonight, I'm not sure Peter really needs more eKeep loot, so this might not be as good an option as it seems on the surface.

Option 2- since I'm running Phuury and also using him again for the next group, the other 6 run eKeep while I use the session time to do my TR and Korthos. I've got a busy week Thanksgiving week so running next Friday and then having the same toon TR'd and ready to go the following Friday could prove challenging for me. Y'all would have plenty of power in the party to finish eKeep as long as you don't require me to referee personality clashes.

Option 3- basically the same as option 2 except Peter is the odd man out. This path buys him two weeks to get his ETRs done without having to worry about being "stuck in the middle" being too high level next Friday.

Option 4- Peter and I both work individually during the session and the remaining 5 rock out eKeep. I think the addition of Az would probably give that group enough juice to get the job done but you'd have 8 quests to complete so you'd need to maintain a steady clip.

Need a group decision in the next few days, please.

My vote is options 3, 4, 2, 1 in that order, but the important decision re option 3 really belongs to Peter. :)

I really don't see why we need to worry about options here. We are running epic for loot and that means the level of the toon doesn't matter much. The only restriction is if the group wants to run reaper. Then the max level in the group must be 27. If we run on elite we can run any toon possible. If the loot is the main goal then running elite is more than enough for optimal loot drop rates.

I have a level 21 warlock parked at epic I can use if needed. Otherwise I can bring in any of my epic toons.

I will easily be done with my ETR's before next Friday anyway. My sorcerer that will become the new main is already 30 and can ETR and TR at any moment. My paladin at level 21 will become 30 before Friday and most likely ETR + TR for another run up the levels.

If I e. g. run my level 30 sorcerer I can easily group up with Alrik and Corwin and we have the firepower needed to quickly complete. Then the other group with 4 people should be strong enough to do another Keep loot run. If we have someone missing I can run my level 21 warlock in a 6 man group.

Some of you might even have higher level epic toons you prefer to run for the loot run. All loot dropping is bound to account. There is no point struggling with the quests by just having level 20's in the groups since you get lots of XP anyway on epic regardless of toon levels.

I want xp, not just look on her, working on my ED"S as I want to take her to 30 and see how I like the build. So I opt for running BL with whoever wants to help us out.

I did the first half ("Part One") of Feywild in a loooooong session last night. Level 5-6 (mostly 5).

It's fun, and with variation on quests like I've never seen that before. The environment is also … interesting.

The story is solid, but not as emotionally touching as Ravenloft of Lost Gatekeepers, which I find a pity. But, still, it is solid.

There's lots of social interaction. Not that much skill checks - alsthough that helps, because there indeed are a few - but also lots of asking NPCs to proceed through the quest's story line. Much like Mad Tea Party of Ravenloft.

There's a few surprises as well, story-wise. At least there were for me.

The quest areas are sometimes a LOT of travelling time from the castle hub. I don't remember right now whether there is a … uh, what's the word ? … teleporting man ? in the castle.

The artwork is quite nice. It varies, and there often is nothing like expected. especially regarding trainers in the castle.

@Corwin; : The Hirelings (pemanent) come i think only with the highest tier of the Expansion.

Fun fact : They have a slightly different look each time they re called (differently coloured clothing, for example). They are called "Feywild Muse", and that rather generic name fits, because they are just like that.

I can't shake the feeling as if they had been updating the Hireling's AI a little bit. But maybe that's just a personal impression, I don't know. They can heal a bit, do soundburst a bit, do swordwork a bit. Most notably, however, is, that they are much slower running than standard Hirelings. In my play, they were always lagging behind a bit.

General note : In the Feywild, things are always a bit different.

A new crafting ingredient are Ferrocrystal (?) items … I didn't find a crafting device yet, though.
Some items with this material (effectively it's crystal) are also dropping. Playing on normal got me only 1 item so far. (A crossbow.)
Sadly I haven't had anything beside that yet, but, as we discussed that before, grouping has much better drops in general.

The only thing that really irritated me is that there are sometimes "invisible walls" at the quest area's borders. Sometimes where you don't expect them to be there.

The second real disappointment for me, personally, is the size : It's much smaller as Sharn - or so it appears to me. I haven't seen only a half of everything so far, though.
But … this is in part balanced out by the sheer love for the detail. Pixies, I say ! ;)

As a sidenote, even if you have music turned off, you'll hear the Reveler's (Satyr's) music regardless, if you meet them, but since it's fun and energetic music (reminding me of traditional Irish music, which kind of fits), it isn't bad at all, imho.

So far, I like the Expansion very much. :)

Looks like I misread Peter's (dis)interest in repeating Keep and the speed he could knock out ETRs. In that case, maybe we scramble the groups and just run the content. I'll have to see what I can do about bringing Phuury back around. I suppose, as long as it wouldn't screw anyone up, I could run Wouldii (lvl25 weak arty) with the group so as to get a running start on prepping Phuury to TR and get back to lvl3. Getting him stripped and TR'd this week so all I had to do Thanksgiving week is smash Korthos would be helpful.

Does this mean that next week is epic regardless of who many shows up? Then I will hold TR'ing my main for one week trying to get some reaper points at cap.

Does this mean that next week is epic regardless of who many shows up? Then I will hold TR'ing my main for one week trying to get some reaper points at cap.
Yes, next session is eKeep. Alrik and Corwin need the loot run and didn't get a shot at it last week. It will potentially be a repeat for half of us. To reduce that hit, I'm going to allow people to swap toons if they so desire. "Temporary, this week only" toon must be level 26 or lower (some in party will be lvl20 +6 = 26). Someone correct me if the power level and or reaper allowable spread is more or less than 6 for epic content. I believe that's correct.

I will most likely swap to my weak lvl25 Arty that needs XP. That will give me more time for bringing Phuury around and back up for the next group since I might start stripping him down tonight.

Patch is a little long, plan accordingly.

Yes, next session is eKeep. Alrik and Corwin need the loot run and didn't get a shot at it last week.

Mains or alts ?
In my case : Alrih or Ahiania ?

Mains or alts ?
In my case : Alrih or Ahiania ?
Completely your choice. The loot is bound to account so you're covered either way. We will have trap monkeys even if you switch away from that role since I'm adding an arty to the mix for this session. I would say run whichever toon you are more likely to stick with all the way to lvl30 running on your own since you'll get decent XP for whichever toon you run.

Yet another patch came out for hot fix. Just as long as the last one it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom