Kynseed - Early Access Release

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The sandbox RPG Kynseed is available as Early Access version on Steam:

Kynseed

Kynseed is a sandbox life sim RPG brought to you by developers who worked on the Fable series for Lionhead Studios.

Live your life in a quirky world where everyone ages and dies, including your pets! Take control of the mystical Kynseed and grow your family legacy over generations as you pass your skills and powers down to your children.

• Run a business such as a blacksmith, tavern, apothecary, or goods store.
  • Go adventuring in dangerous regions and battle dark faery tale creatures.
  • Farm your land to create various ingredients that you'll come to rely on.
  • Develop relationships with NPC’s who have their own lives and who will remember your deeds, actions, and pranks!
  • Find proverbs to unlock the secrets of this mysterious dark faery tale world.
  • Gather materials to create items, craft beers, or mix cures for a range of bizarre maladies.
  • Buy strange artifacts from the mysterious Mr Fairweather - items which can aid your chores, help you in combat, or just let you mess with the world. But be warned of his life tax, for each item must be paid with years from your life!
In Kynseed, live your lives the way you choose in a lovingly handcrafted 2D open world.
More information.

Hmm looks good but I'm not that excited to play sprite games. It also just launched on Early Access so that usually means a few more yeas till it's fully playable.

@purpleblob;

Are you keen on this game?

??? I haven't even heard of this game until you tagged me lol.

Had a quick look, seems similar to Stardew Valley? TBH though, I don't usually play these types of games, I was surprised I loved Stardew Valley so much lol. I will wait for reviews etc before I consider it. Thanks for letting me know though! :)

Had a quick look, seems similar to Stardew Valley?

You can farm, but it's not the focus of the game.

Kynseed is a sandbox RPG with a simulation layer (relationships, day/night cycle, seasons, aging, etc). It's also quite English fairy in tone (whimsical with a dark touch).

I haven't played the Early Access version yet, only dabbled a bit in the early alpha/beta/prototype version which didn't have much features though. I should probably try to spend some time on it.

It sounds like it will actually have combat in it, which would appeal to me. I never did try Stardew Valley, but that does not have combat, if I remember correctly?

It sounds like it will actually have combat in it, which would appeal to me. I never did try Stardew Valley, but that does not have combat, if I remember correctly?

Stardew Valley has combat, but it's 99.9% in two mines with multiple levels that raise in difficulty as you go deeper.

Kynseed will have combat in forested/wild/dark areas around the villages (the forests have names based on difficulty from Simplewoods to Nightmare Hollow). From what I'm reading, it doesn't work in the EA yet (you can't equip the sword). The game is still a long way off.

Just reading this is sandbox I'm instantly turned off.
grow your family legacy over generations
Thanks but I have Sims 3 and Sims 4 for that already.

It is streamed.

Contrary to SV that had to go against its original design, this one seems to include the laid back approach from the start. No needs to rush, a structure that spans over several generations etc

I've had Kynseed on my radar for a while now. Back when I found it, the game was only a concept. It's grown a bit. I like the premise so far. It's in such an early stage of development that it's hard to really get much of an "experience" out of it, though. Certainly a game I'll continue to follow, however.

Back
Top Bottom