Divinity: Original Sin II - The Power of Paintings

The only interest I had in painting in D:OS was as money generators - many were extremely valuable (and amazingly easy to loot and carry around ;0

We will have to thank all the backers who decided to have portraits so we can get even richer by looting them.

Saying that, the portraits shown in that video looks pretty good, if I can decorate a mansion with them I might wait a bit before selling them.

I prefer this kind of reward for backers than the gold NPCs they had in Pillars of Eternity. It feels less intrusive.

Yeah, I found the gold NPCs and memorials in POE immersion-breaking and irritating. I'm not in favour of any "backer" content in games, but this seems like a much better way, if it must be done. Also much easier to remove with a bit of modding.

I prefer this kind of reward for backers than the gold NPCs they had in Pillars of Eternity. It feels less intrusive.

For sure!

Yeah, in my second run through PoE I literally never spoke to a gold NPC. They were fountains of purple prose and not much more.

How do you get the money from people to make them feel important and then not put something in the game to make them feel important?

Tough balancing act.

On a side note. I love the idea of ingame paintings and I think their artist is fantastic.

Awesome paintings, looking forward to seeing the two headed monster.
Wish I could get Lord Barkington of the white paw to join my party.

Yeah, in my second run through PoE I literally never spoke to a gold NPC. They were fountains of purple prose and not much more.

When you first get to the hunter village about how far through the game are you? I ask because that's how far I made it and I'm trying to determine if I should try to pick up from where I left off about a year ago or just start over - which I'm a bit like warm with my interest to do that.

When you first get to the hunter village about how far through the game are you? I ask because that's how far I made it and I'm trying to determine if I should try to pick up from where I left off about a year ago or just start over - which I'm a bit like warm with my interest to do that.

hunter village? In POE, that would be Twin Elms I guess... If that's where you are, you are basically done with the game (a few hours left to get access and finish the last dungeon depending how much you did in Twin Elms).

What Azarhal said. Unless you have the expansions (which I found excellent) then you probably COULD spend alot more time on the game, but Twin Elms is your last destination in the main quest.

On topic, paintings are nice. I think Obsidian learned their lesson with the golden NPC's too, I certainly hope they aren't there in PoE2. They're not that big a problem once you just ignore them though, but at first when I didn't know what they were they annoyed me to no end. Glad to see Larian coming up with better implemented backer content.

Last edited:
Thanks to the fundraiser here on the watch I was able to get my picture into the game. I'm excited to be able to find it in the game and see what environment they decided to put it in.

I totally agree with what others have said and I think this kind of reward is much better than the Gold NPC's in PoE or locations that are nothing but places for backers names like some games.

hunter village? In POE, that would be Twin Elms I guess… If that's where you are, you are basically done with the game (a few hours left to get access and finish the last dungeon depending how much you did in Twin Elms).

What I meant to say is I'm in the village of "Hunters Edge" in Divinity Original Sin EE. About how far through the game am I at this point?

What I meant to say is I'm in the village of "Hunters Edge" in Divinity Original Sin EE. About how far through the game am I at this point?

Funny enough, it's pretty much the same thing in DOS. The Dark Forest is the last zone of the game. In term of main quests, there 5 of them left if you just arrived to Hunters Edge .

Haha, that's a bit different then. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure that's towards the endgame. Anyone played through recently?

Back
Top Bottom