Sekiro - Releasing 22nd March

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will be released March 22nd on Steam.

Carve your own clever path to vengeance in an all-new adventure from developer FromSoftware, creators of the Dark Souls series.

In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are the "one-armed wolf", a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies, including the dangerous Ashina clan. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on a perilous quest to regain your honor, not even death itself.

Explore late 1500s Sengoku Japan, a brutal period of constant life and death conflict, as you come face to face with larger than life foes in a dark and twisted world. Unleash an arsenal of deadly prosthetic tools and powerful ninja abilities while you blend stealth, vertical traversal, and visceral head to head combat in a bloody confrontation.

Take Revenge. Restore your honor. Kill Ingeniously.
More information.

The gaming and the combat looks amazing! Looks bit like Assassin creed parkour meets dark souls. That sword play around 1:06 minute mark, wow….

Dark souls 3 plays fine on PC and I had no issues with controls using mouse and keyboard so have no reason to think they will mess up this game. Looking forward to this one.

Is dark soul 3 any better than 1 with regards to controls ?

The gaming and the combat looks amazing! Looks bit like Assassin creed parkour meets dark souls. That sword play around 1:06 minute mark, wow….

Dark souls 3 plays fine on PC and I had no issues with controls using mouse and keyboard so have no reason to think they will mess up this game. Looking forward to this one.

I didn't play much of DS1 but completed DS3 on PC and never had an issues. Having said that, I have a "gaming" keyboard and mouse and might have rebound some keys etc but I don't remember having any big control issues.

Yes, the PC version of DS3 works fine with mouse/keyboard, no additional mods or config tinkering needed. (Bloodborne turned me into a gamepad devotee for this genre, but I played through DS1 and DS3 with mouse/keyboard. DS1 was a nightmare to set up, but DS3 worked nicely right out of the box.)

I only purchased DS1 and could never get it to work well with kb/m. I could never adapt to controllers. The last one I used was for an atari. Mind you have an xbox controller but i just don't like it.

Anyways thanks for the comments. Will wait and see on the controls :)

I think that sword play is just blocking but there's no stagger from striking the raised shield to slow down the strikes.

In Dark Souls sometimes when you were attacking an opponent with a raised shield your strikes would make sparks but the animation would continue as normal and eventually you could stagger him and get some damage through. Other times attacking a raised shield would interrupt your attack and put you in a sore arm animation. I think which animation you got was to do with some interaction between stats. Shield block vs strength or something. Poise break on weapons in DS3?

Anyway, I think what we have here is blocking with a sword and no impact when striking a block all tied together with flashy animations. Does look good, though.

My impression from the videos so far is it's Dark Souls with much more stealth and more backstab animations. The ninja rope seems to only hook on to pre-defined locations so it's more like an invisible ladder than a sandboxy physics toy. I could imagine needing a level2 ninja rope to reach level2 locations. Maybe, in classic Souls style, getting a longer rope opens pathways back to early areas and lets you reach secrets there which were out of reach before...

Back
Top Bottom