Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Free to Keep until May 1st

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Total War: SHOGUN 2 is free to keep until May 1st on Steam.

SEGA has announced that Total War: SHOGUN 2 is free to own on Steam. From today and until May 1st, PC gamers can visit the game's Steam store page and acquire their free copy. As said, this is a free to own offer, meaning that you will be able to keep the game yours forever.

[...]
More information.

Cool... grabbed it. Was never really a Total War fan but recently played Warhammer 2 and enjoyed it. This one is supposed to be really good as well. Can't argue with free.

You can also get Alien Isolation for a buck or two, depending on your currency which is a really good deal (95% off).

Thank you for the heads up. I somewhat enjoyed Shogun Total War 1 back when that was released.

Nice! I grabbed it too, to complete my Total War colelction :)
Although I'm a fan of the series, this game didn't really appeal to me.... maybe the factions were not diverse enough.

Nice, I'd like thi... oh, it is STEAM only!

Thanks, but NO thanks.

I'm not a fan of the Total Wars games. Don't get me wrong, they are good. I would love them if they were turn-based. There was a fantasy game just like that 20 years ago which I loved to death, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name...

I'm not a fan of the Total Wars games. Don't get me wrong, they are good. I would love them if they were turn-based. There was a fantasy game just like that 20 years ago which I loved to death, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name…

Warhammer: Dark Omen maybe? Released in 1998. I think was real-time though.

It's the second game in the series, Shadow of the Horned Rat (1995) being the first one.

I'm not a fan of the Total Wars games. Don't get me wrong, they are good. I would love them if they were turn-based. There was a fantasy game just like that 20 years ago which I loved to death, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name…

I felt exactly the same way but tried Warhammer 2 on a free weekend recently and really enjoyed it. The fantasy angle, the strategic layer and character leveling up are so good that I'm able to overlook the real-time battles... though you can pause in battle to issue orders whenever you want and for me, the battles play out slowly enough that I still enjoyed them.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the Warhammer games. I think it was something like Demon Wars, but I can't find anything under that name.

I felt exactly the same way but tried Warhammer 2 on a free weekend recently and really enjoyed it. The fantasy angle, the strategic layer and character leveling up are so good that I'm able to overlook the real-time battles… though you can pause in battle to issue orders whenever you want and for me, the battles play out slowly enough that I still enjoyed them.

I gave Total Warhammer 1 a try, but the battles were a mess even with pause. I should give it a serious try again at some point since I have both of them in my library. Maybe during a long Christmas holiday. But I guess this year it will be Cyberpunk, Vampires and RogueTech for me.

I gave Total Warhammer 1 a try, but the battles were a mess even with pause. I should give it a serious try again at some point since I have both of them in my library. Maybe during a long Christmas holiday. But I guess this year it will be Cyberpunk, Vampires and RogueTech for me.

Well, as someone who wishes there were more tbs fantasy 4x games coming out these days, this is scratching that itch better than most options (most options being older games I've already played to death).

May it was one of the Demonworld games?

May it was one of the Demonworld games?

YES! That was it! Great games back then. Dunno how they would hold up today.
Man, how many hours did I invest into this. Was great to see your troops become veterans over the course of the missions. Basically it was turn-based Total Warhammer.

Back
Top Bottom