Cyberpunk 2077 - Preview @Gameinformer

I want to *be* in Night City, but I really like the idea of entering it for the first time in the course of the game. Same as entering new cities for the first time in the Elder Scrolls games, or Novigrad in W3. There's something very appealing about that to me. So I'm going with Nomad.

That's understandable. I think it's going to be great regardless of where we start.

I want to be wowed right out of the gate. Like stepping off the boat in Seyda Neen that first time.

You hope that the character that will basically live inside your brain, making him your imaginary friend that only you can see (kind of the Great Gazoo of the game) will not have a major role? That's kind of… optimistic ;-)
I had no idea about that. So... ehm... "thanks".

Anyone know how driving will be handled in this game? I really dislike driving in games, unless it's silly/crazy mayhem kind of stuff. I remember playing LA Noire and being torn out of the immersion of the game. Having a serious conversation with my police partner while pedestrians get run over and street light poles are flying everywhere.

I hope this game has an auto-drive option.

Waaaah, with the hype of this game I think playing it will feel like a shot of cocaine. I'm on xbox now so I will at least wait for their 'optimized for series X' patch next year.

I wonder where CDPR gets their reputation from. Is it solely from Witcher 3? Or do mainstream people also remember tw2 or like thronebreaker. It baffles me sometimes. Other developers have many more games under their belt before we trust them.

Waaaah, with the hype of this game I think playing it will feel like a shot of cocaine. I'm on xbox now so I will at least wait for their 'optimized for series X' patch next year.

I wonder where CDPR gets their reputation from. Is it solely from Witcher 3? Or do mainstream people also remember tw2 or like thronebreaker. It baffles me sometimes. Other developers have many more games under their belt before we trust them.
Three Witcher games, free enhanced editions, and DLC gained them a lot of trust. Still the trust of gamers is very fickle as they can turn on you like the ancient mobs of Rome.

Look to BioWare for that lesson. They were king of RPGs at one time.

Anyhow about a video brought to us from RPGCodex.

Gotta laugh at that Donald impersonation as well.:lol:

Three Witcher games, free enhanced editions, and DLC gained them a lot of trust. Still the trust of gamers is very fickle as they can turn on you like the ancient mobs of Rome.

Look to BioWare for that lesson. They were king of RPGs at one time.
Yes, we will see. It's just that I see many people (mainstream forums) being seriously hyped for cyberpunk while they don't play rpgs at all, just the shallowest of games. I hope they won't be disappointed.

Anyone know how driving will be handled in this game:?
From the last Nightwire video it's similar to how you called Roach in Witcher 3.

Hope this video helps.

Driving Gameplay Trailer

Not mich traffic in Night City!
I love it as GTA got to congested with traffic. Maybe you can change a slider to affect the density of cars? Yes I know they have one in GTA games as I always lower it.

Might also be because its a promo trailer to showcase driving.

Last edited:
As many times as folks complain about streets not being congested enough, with people or with cars, I'll never understand it. You want bumper to bumper traffic in a GAME? You want to wade through hundreds of nameless, non interactable NPCs? I don't get it. There's a big gap between what some people want and a ghost town. I want the game to be playable.

As many times as folks complain about streets not being congested enough, with people or with cars, I'll never understand it. You want bumper to bumper traffic in a GAME? You want to wade through hundreds of nameless, non interactable NPCs? I don't get it. There's a big gap between what some people want and a ghost town. I want the game to be playable.
True and the racing missions become a pain in the ass when every street is full. I just go full rage mode and bumper car everything. The car usually explodes eventually.

My guess already said above is like Witcher III it'll have a slider that affects the density.

As many times as folks complain about streets not being congested enough, with people or with cars, I'll never understand it.
Exactly. Who needs to be reminded of traffic?

Actually, if there were no cars at all, or an auto-drive, I'd be perfectly fine, the car handling in games like that is only breaking the immersion for me.

Perhaps there are taxis? Though, I'm not sure I want to be reminded of them either :p I doubt it fits the game style anyway.

I want Roach back! If there's a chance Ciri is there, after all, why not?
True and the racing missions become a pain in the ass when every street is full. I just go full rage mode and bumper car everything. The car usually explodes eventually.
I suspect GTA did that precisely so players enter a road rage. It's a game that never misses an opportunity to lure the player into violence ;)

Mindless violence is a good stress reliever in certain games.:biggrin:

Ah yes, a dystopian futuristic city with almost no traffic! Less believable than DIY brain and muscle implants.

I hope there's an auto-drive mode.

CDPR has been pretty big on showing how situations will have multiple solutions, so I don't think replayability is going to be an issue.

Yes, I don't think that will be a problem, but in TW3 there was also a lot of intresting choices and solutions, however the core gameplay and combat was sooo boring and tedious, I was so feed up with it by the end of the game, that I even couldn't force myself to finish the hearts of stone and blood and wine exspansions, starting a long long game from the beginning was not even worth thinking about. So I hope in Cyberpunk core gameplay is fun, so it'll be enjoyable to play through again and try the different paths.

Yes, I don't think that will be a problem, but in TW3 there was also a lot of intresting choices and solutions, however the core gameplay and combat was sooo boring and tedious, I was so feed up with it by the end of the game, that I even couldn't force myself to finish the hearts of stone and blood and wine exspansions, starting a long long game from the beginning was not even worth thinking about. So I hope in Cyberpunk core gameplay is fun, so it'll be enjoyable to play through again and try the different paths.

I think one of the biggest issues with TW3 is that there's just too much content. A lot of gamers want to try to finish everything in one playthrough and it often leads to burnout. TW3 is an expereince that's better served by just sticking to the main quest and doing a few select sidequests here and there.

CDPR has stated that Cyberpunk will be shorter and more focused than TW3 which is a positive imo. Of course that doesn't mean much if the gameplay is subpar, so here's hoping it's not. :)

I think one of the biggest issues with TW3 is that there's just too much content. A lot of gamers want to try to finish everything in one playthrough and it often leads to burnout. TW3 is an expereince that's better served by just sticking to the main quest and doing a few select sidequests here and there.
Exactly what I felt, at some point this was getting repetitive and not so motivating anymore. I just focused on the main quest and forgot about all the sidequests, especially those to get new gear.

I'm still not entirely convinced that an RPG must be more than, say, 100-hour long in a completionist mode. The amount of sidequests tend to drown the main story and make it .. secondary. And the risk is that the developer tunes the difficulty so that if a player doesn't do some share of sidequest, it becomes too difficult.

If that's not the case, then it's fine, it's just the matter of "gameplay hygiene" and self-discipline.

Last edited:
I'm still entirely convinced that an RPG must be more than, say, 100-hour long in a completionist mode. The amount of sidequests tend to drown the main story and make it .. secondary. And the risk is that the developer tunes the difficulty so that if a player doesn't do some share of sidequest, it becomes too difficult.

I'm assuming you meant to say "not" entirely convinced. :)

I think most RPGs are balanced in such a way that they can finished even if you ignore the side content almost entirely. I find the problem for me is ususally over-leveling.

I agree about the 100 hour mark. There is far too much filler in many modern RPGs, and I'd rather see developers focus more on plots that are actually interesting as opposed to fetch quests designed to lengthen the amount of time one can spend in the game.

Exactly what I felt, at some point this was getting repetitive and not so motivating anymore. I just focused on the main quest and forgot about all the sidequests, especially those to get new gear.
I think we have to differentiate here. In TW3 you had 4 types of quests: Main quests, side quests, contracts, and treasure hunts.

I agree that contracts and treasure hunts might get boring and could be left out.
However the side quests really make TW3 shine. Not playing them makes you miss great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom