Grimoire - Demo Update V1.2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Version 1.2 of the Grimoire demo has been released today and can be found here: http://www.filedropper.com/grimoiredemov12.
Roq, also mentions the following when running on Windows 7:
  1. Download the latest version
  2. Install it normally
  3. Right Click on the game icon, choose properties and then select the compatibility tab.
  4. Tick: run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  5. Check the: Run this program as an administrator tick box.
More information.

6. dont enter a character screen, or your cursor will start to live a life of its own.

That's not a bug but a feature, dyze. ;)

6. dont enter a character screen, or your cursor will start to live a life of its own.

Yeah - you can get out of the screen though, by cycling through the UI elements using the tab key and pressing enter when you reach the exit button. That's not going to help much when you are trying to update your skills, but is a work around for the moment. Hopefully Cleve will make an update.

Apart from compatibility problems the underlying game appears to be working well in the early demo maps that I've tried.

Administrator + WinXP SP2 ( XP SP3 or Win95 or …) did not help me on Win7 x64. I still get the following crash "dmime.dll!CPerformance:: PlaySegment()".

I did try disabling sound via the device driver and still the crash occurs. Don't know why NVidia has a sound adapter but disabled that as well and no go. Disabling all devices in mmsys.cpl did seem to make the game stable for much longer but it still crashed entering or leaving combat.

Looks like it has some stability issues on Windows 7 but man I really like the demo, looking forward to when the bugs get ironed out.

As I understand it from Cleve's comments the windows port is a hack based on trying to make windows work like DOS, whilst trying to circumvent inconvenient threading and the message queue. What he really needs to do is go buy a copy of Petzold and then sit down and write a proper port that doesn't try to grab control of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom