Ultima Underworld 1&2 - Being Removed from GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
I never played Syndicate but knowing that UU 1 & 2 will be delisted from GOG… Oh boy, what a bad, sad news :( I played them both. Great games!

Just Electronic Arts being.... Electronic Arts.
Wonder if they are planning on redoing any of this. Doubt it, but could hope.

Sad news. Just in case, i am gonna download the offline installers...

UU2 and U8 were my first games after I moved from Amiga to PC. I loved them and although I do not replay these games anymore, it would be nice to keep them available as part of the gaming history. Who knows what are EA plans, but hopefully they are just moving them to Origin. Wouldnt count on remaster as that would take some effort and some risk, which I dont expect from EA.

:'( That is SO sad, UU is one of my most favourite games. The day I saw it on GOG my heart jumped, got it and replayed it, and I still had fun despite the controls

You can still buy them. In fact as of today, they are on sale for under $2.00. So if you haven't enjoyed these games pick them up today at GOG. As long as you purchase them before they are delisted, they will stay in your library.

I guess that EA wants to publish or stream them themselves now.

I'd basically do without the games if my only option was to install the Origin platform on my machine to play them. I'm simply not that desperate.

Thanks for news, I discovered I don't have these classics in my GOG library. Since the package is now at sale for 1+ EUR, I fixed this overlook immediately. Now EA can do with it whatever they want.

Someone on the GoG forum claimed it is exactly 10 years since these games were added to GoG, so maybe the contract simply expires?

I remember having tried Underworld long ago.
I just couldn't get myself accustomed to it.
Which is why I never had these two games on my radar.
I had bought the DOS version on a flea market 15 or more years ago. I think I was lucky, then.

Back
Top Bottom