Baldur's Gate 3 - Patch #5 is live

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch #5 for Baldur's Gate 3 can be downloaded:

Patch #5

In last week's Community Update we introduced some of the major new features and improvements coming to Baldur's Gate 3 in Patch 5. During Thursday's Panel From Hell 3 we recreated some of these updates during our first ever #LarPG (in addition to giving open-mouth kisses to human skulls and wielding sausages at dubious suits of armour).

Is the sausage mightier than the sword? Depending on the meat content, yes.

Today you get to try it out for yourself. Patch 5 is now live!

Onward, for a read of our patch notes in full:

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

This version of the game is running so much smoother. I dig all the changes made so far also. It really feels like you should rest sometimes althrough I am reluctant to so I can avoid events progressing before I'm ready.

I finally got around to jump aboard the train and I like it so far. Can't wait for full release and the editor, got me a campaign all planned out!

I’m 99% sure, Larian even has a section on their Discord channel dedicated to BG3 modding. Also, giving the longevity of NVN’s modding scene, it would be insane not to try to do something similar with BG3

No editor or DM mode is planned…at least not for a few years, maybe after release.

They are finally listening to community and of course the game just got better thx to it.

No editor or DM mode is planned…at least not for a few years, maybe after release.

They are finally listening to community and of course the game just got better thx to it.
It doesn't need to be planned the tools are there from the original sin engine. All they have to do is provide the content and implement it in-game. Doubt you will see it on EA.

All they have to do is provide the content and implement it in-game.

said every boss ever, lol Viki is that you ??? are you Couchpotato? :biggrin:

Sorry if it's not, i had a boss Vitoslav like that :lol:
always made it sound so easy on paper…

Guess you never tried the various Original Sin 1&2 mods and few campaigns.

Once again they have the tools already as it's the same engine.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-set-up-divinity-original-sin-2s-mod-tools/

Edit: All they need to do is assign a small team to update the tools. Don't give me it's impossible as Larian is not a small indie developer like they were ten years ago.

Last edited:
Oh man, if anyone has been spared Original Sin two up to this point, by all means do not soil yourself now. Run for the exit immediately, you'll thank me later!

One is tolerable, yet that second one, yikes. Just yikes.

Oh man, if anyone has been spared Original Sin two up to this point, by all means do not soil yourself now. Run for the exit immediately, you'll thank me later!

One is tolerable, yet that second one, yikes. Just yikes.

I found it quite fun and there are many things that are very well done, even if I don't like *everything*. But I understand, it's not to everyone's taste ;)

That being said, I've never finished it. I liked it but it's not my preferred game.

I found it quite fun and there are many things that are very well done, even if I don't like *everything*. But I understand, it's not to everyone's taste ;)

That being said, I've never finished it. I liked it but it's not my preferred game.
For me both games are like your experience with PoE 1&2. I always try to replay and finish both but I quickly become uninterested, and move on to another game.

It doesn't help with the various changes and how the middle part falls in quality.

I may have spoke too soon regarding stability. I have had a couple of crashes and some weird funky colours displaying at times forcing restart. It is still overall a big improvement through.

I do wish you could group select when you want to put your party into stealth for instance. As it is I'm selecting them one by one. Also with the chaining I wish there was a button to say to my party wait here without having to unchain them one by one as that is tedious and a tad annoying.

Also with the chaining I wish there was a button to say to my party wait here without having to unchain them one by one as that is tedious and a tad annoying.

Not sure what you mean by this... you only need to unchain once: the person who you want to move from the rest of the party.

Not sure what you mean by this… you only need to unchain once: the person who you want to move from the rest of the party.

Yeah your right. I had a brain fart. I think because I find it annoying having to click and drag as it sometimes takes a few attempts to do so.

Oh no, do they still insist keeping this stupid chain gizmo? That's the most clunkier part of their UI. I hated that in D:OS2. It takes more time to do anything and doesn't work very well, one has to fiddle with it a lot.

The proven selection system in the other classic CRPGs is perfect, it's so easy to just hit one key to select all, and shift-key to select one / several characters. I don't know why Larian chose that, or at least is not offering both solutions.

Also with the chaining I wish there was a button to say to my party wait here without having to unchain them one by one as that is tedious and a tad annoying.
Not sure what you mean by this… you only need to unchain once: the person who you want to move from the rest of the party.
I read somewhere that there's a "Toggle Group Mode" option in keybindings, which amounts to a "chain all / chain none" toggle. It's not assigned by default.

I read somewhere that there's a "Toggle Group Mode" option in keybindings, which amounts to a "chain all / chain none" toggle. It's not assigned by default.
Ah, that would already be helpful :)
Anyway, they're usually listening and I've seen long forum threads on this, so it may still change.

Back
Top Bottom