Outward - Combat Gameplay Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming A new gameplay video for Outward focuses on combat mechanics.

Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming title, Outward, focusing on the game's combat mechanics. Outward is an open-world fantasy adventure game featuring deep simulation and immersion.

[...]

More information.

I am so looking forward to this, not long now.

It continues to look amazing, you'd never guess ~10 people are making this. I mean, you'd never guess a big studio like CDP or Bethesda are making it but, while the graphics and animations aren't as shiny, their systems arguably look way better, carefully chosen, implemented & balanced. I hope it's a success so a sequel can be even more of a modern Gothic (that's the vibe I get from it, a next generation Gothic with actual polish in place of the eurojank) by having its deeper interactions with NPCs (lintertwined quest lines and the way fights didn't have to end in murder unless it's a conscious decision etc.). The world looks like a joy to explore, with that budget I initially didn't think there would be cities, just wilderness sandbox survival perhaps, but nope, they've got them & they look great, it's a full-blown proper-like CRPG, just doing away with the world saving narrative. Plus, split screen & online 2p co-op, everything's even better with a friend!

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't wait for this to drop, it's my #1 most anticipated title right now. It looks like an action RPG version of Kenshi, and I feel it's going to be awesome and be one of those "you'll never need another game" type of games for me, much like Kenshi was. Should be great.

I've been watching this too. I am hoping it plays well with KM and I don't need a joystick. Looks kind of consolish though and maybe a bit too dark souls type for me.

I'm going to wait for reviews first before I plunk down the money.

I'm not amazed, but it looks like I'll be checking it out.

I am not really interested because of the dodge dodgy dodge combat.
I am not a fan of do it yourself RPGs. I prefer my character to use its own skills instead of it all being up to me.

Yep the more I see it looks like another Dark Souls influenced do it yourself RPG.:(

I had never heard of this until now. It seems like it could be good.

I'm looking forward to this one too, fingers crossed it'll be good.

As others have said, I do get a Dark Souls vibe from the combat, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.
And hopefully they took some cues from Gothic when it comes to world building and atmosphere. For example, small, non-aggressive wildlife (rabbits, deer, mice, birds, fish, ...) does wonders to make a world seem "alive".

I'm looking forward to this one too, fingers crossed it'll be good.

As others have said, I do get a Dark Souls vibe from the combat, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.
And hopefully they took some cues from Gothic when it comes to world building and atmosphere. For example, small, non-aggressive wildlife (rabbits, deer, mice, birds, fish, …) does wonders to make a world seem "alive".

There will be non-aggressive wildlife that you can hunt for meat. I'm sure it will have all sorts of wildlife beside monsters.

OH NOES, IT’S GOT LOCK ON AND ROLLING, ITS DARK SOULS….RUN FOR THE HILLS. Lol.

Yes, combat is dark souls influenced but if you watch or read some more about this game it’s nothing like dark souls.

It actually sounds amazing. I’m a little worried if they can pull it off with such a small team but if they do ill be having quite a bit of fun with it. Also surprised its set to release the 26th of this month since this is the first I’ve heard of it.

This vid sheds some light on other features

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6Dbdj45xM

OH NOES, IT’S GOT LOCK ON AND ROLLING, ITS DARK SOULS….RUN FOR THE HILLS. Lol.

Yes, combat is dark souls influenced but if you watch or read some more about this game it’s nothing like dark souls.

It actually sounds amazing. I’m a little worried if they can pull it off with such a small team but if they do ill be having quite a bit of fun with it. Also surprised its set to release the 26th of this month since this is the first I’ve heard of it.

This vid sheds some light on other features

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6Dbdj45xM

Thanks for the video saki. It does sound amazing. Can't wait. This is a day one purchase and play for me. Will do a Let's Nerd for it too. I didn't realize you'd be able to set things like how many hours you sleep and trading health for magic. Sounds awesome. 5 huge maps too, it's going to be great.

Back
Top Bottom