The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Video Roundup

They've said that game requirements will be lower than the presentation machine so be patient, we'll probably learn exact info around xmas, and that's when all kind of sales kick in. ;)

I will definitely buy a new machine in January.

Wow! That Gamespot Stage demo was the best data dump yet on gameplay. I just may buy this on day 1. I hope the city isn't just a facade. Every visible structure should have an accessible interior.

I talked to the Lead Level Designer, Peter, a few weeks ago, and I remember he said most buildings are accessible.

Oh and this is just one city out of quite a few huge ones, hehe.

Looks good! Could only watch a minute or two though the screen tearing was killing me.

I would love to upgrade for this but there's nothing worthwhile to upgrade to. I miss the days of 6 month upgrade cycles.:(

I talked to the Lead Level Designer, Peter, a few weeks ago, and I remember he said most buildings are accessible.

Oh and this is just one city out of quite a few huge ones, hehe.

Sounds great! I'm glad that most buildings will be accessible. One of my pet peeves in games is having a huge city but can't go in any of the buildings.

Yes, and I have a feeling that we'll need a glorious system to run it properly. :)

Most definitely. They're probably running the demo on dual Titans or something. Hopefully my single Titan will handle it at 30 FPS heh

Wow, I wonder if I'll have to upgrade my FX4100/ATI7850. Gothic 3 is killing my setup as is on very high settings. Skyrim on the other hand runs fine. Hopefully Witcher 3 is well optimized for a setting that large. I wish they would give out their specs on the demo's they run.

Gothic 3 was an unoptimized mess, though, even after all those patches. But I was wondering the same about The Witcher 3, for my even older video card (that still runs everything fine on my 1370 x 768 TV screen--benefits of still having an older HD Ready TV ;)).

Gothic 3 stutters on GT560 thus it's not about gfx card, something else is choking it.
CPU or process priority? Dunno. Had too many stuff to (re)play so didn't bother much with it.
Also didn't try it on a machine with SSD. Yet. Will try tomorrow.

TW3 is not Gothic3. There is no JoWood here to force a release of an unfinished game and then leave it unpatched.

I played the Witcher 2 twice (back to back)...the second time in Dark Mode for the weapons and armor sets and siding with a different faction. It felt like I played, obviously the same game, but from a different perspective with different quests to do and the landscape was different as well. I completely fell in love with the game the second time. The first time I played it I quit within the first hour or so...just didn't grab me. I came back after a few months of Skyrim to try again. I hope they will have such features in the Witcher 3 as well...back to Gothic 3 I go (will finish this time for sure!)

Back
Top Bottom