Ravensword - Now Available on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that a new RPG called Ravensword: Shadowlands is now available for purchase. Now before we get the usual complainers the game is a phone port.

From the award winning studio that brought you Ravensword: The Fallen King and Aralon: Sword and Shadow, comes Ravensword: Shadowlands.

After the fall of Ravengard, the world descended into chaos. The Kingdom of Tyreas stood alone against a sea of dark elven invaders. The Ravensword was lost, and the dark times began. As a descendant of an ancient line of kings, you alone have the power to wield the Ravensword again and restore that which was lost.
More information.

It is also quite short according to the steam forums. Although, 8-9 hours isn't short for a phonegame I guess?

That's the game I've decided not to buy back then when I've seen it on iPhone app store. Many reviews said it's full of bugs - in the meantime I didn't really watch if those were fixed or not, but I didn't want to experience another Skyrim.

Also enemies respawn when you fast travel in it so for me it's no buy unless devs remove that annoyance or someone makes a mod that removes immortality from mobs.

Yme, following only the main quest makes it short. However there are plenty of sidequests to do, so in the end it shouldn't be very short. If bugs were fixed, then it could be a good game.

With all of the good games on the PC that are either on my backlog or replay list ... I couldn't imagine playing something like this that really does belong as a 'kinda like TES for iOS' mobile device game.

Seems to me like it would play as something like an "indie TES on a budget" on PC... I don't know, I have it on iOS, but I've hardly played it yet. It's kind of the novelty of it and that it was dirt cheap that I bought it. :)

The generic plot doesn't bode well for story/atmosphere aspects of the game, if any. It can't be that hard to come up with something that's a little less of a cliche.

it looks pretty amazing for a phone game.... for a PC game it looks kind of pointless.

Back
Top Bottom