PoE2 PoE: II Endings. What you chose and why? (obviously spoilers)

Pillars of Eternity II

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero
Just finished... Allowed Eothas to destroy the wheel, the Gods to continue but with Berath 'in charge'. I was hoping there would be an option to allow certain Gods to continue without the influence of others, which is like 90% of the problem, but it was an all-or-nothing thing.

I'm not an Eora scholar, but I was surprised to hear Eothas recommend animancy as an alternative to the wheel in the final scene. Just seemed odd to me, and had I known that, perhaps would have chosen differently.

What did you choose and why?

I chose not to play, thus my ending was also my beginning. The Omega and the Alpha. :biggrin:

I'm not a create a whole party type of gamer. I prefer single-character. The game looks good though. I will likely get it one of these days and try to play through both games. I paid like $230 for the first game.

If you don't like party based game why spend $230 for a $20 game ?
-
Having said that I haven't played yet so can't comment on op's subject.

I chose not to play, thus my ending was also my beginning. The Omega and the Alpha. :biggrin:

I'm not a create a whole party type of gamer. I prefer single-character. The game looks good though. I will likely get it one of these days and try to play through both games. I paid like $230 for the first game.

And actually, it can be a single-character game. Nothing says you need companions as they aren't critical to the main quest. It will be challenging, but with a solid ranger/wizard or ranger/cypher build, you could do it on lower difficulty level.

I also picked the "Berath is in charge" ending. Note that who you side with at the end influence the end result a bit. I decide to go with "no one" which means the Deadfire were in worst shape than before.

I got the ending where Eothas helps mortals and the Principi create a new nation

Played it twice.
1) Berath is in charge, and I went there without any allied support, which seemed to cause total chaos in the aftermath.

2) Help the souls. I had the support of the natives, which turned out pretty well I think.

While I like Berath I did not go with them because it would most likely lead to stagnation and what is needed is innovation if life is to survive. With the wheel broken the in-between will slowly clog up with souls and no new life will be created. If the wheel, or some other solution, is not found in time all life will die. That was made pretty clear.

So while Berath is the most rational and even keeled of the gods they are also the most orderly and structured which doesn't help for innovation.

For my play through I sided with no one and took my crew and ship on my lonesome to confront Eothas. I played a druid who wanted to avoid politics and did not want to take sides.

The ending I took was the one where Eothas helps mortals (which is also the request Hylea made) by inspiring them, thus increasing the odds they will find a solution.

That was my first play through and more or less canon one. The ideal one for me is siding with the Huana queen with the VTC next highest in power but with the Director Casale (sp?) in power (not his assistant) as the Director actually wants to do good and starts an academy to study animacy. Then have both the pirate leaders dead with Two-Eye Pim (think that is his name) in charge as he starts a shipping service that works well with the other factions and isn't bent on stealing.

So overall the Huana gain back control of their own area. The trading companies excess is kept under control because the Director is a more moral person interested in helping people as well as making money, and the pirates are kept on better control with useful work. I would also continue to have Eothas inspire people (with the next best having him store the lost souls in his own body/soul).

But my canon game I avoided spoilers and had to make all my own decisions based on the game lore and what I thought my character would do. After I finished I then read up on endings and came up with my "ideal" version.

I was extremely happy with all the options on the endings and found a few I could live comfortably with - and see a lot of options for a POE3 based on many of them (obviously not the ones where the whole planet died because the wheel was completely destroyed versus broken).

It's funny you mention siding with the Huana, that's what ultimately happened with me…. The 2nd time. I sort of agreed with the Rauatai in that the Huana just wanted to lay around and play with water, thus would likely have been conquered anyway, by a non-islander power. I thought that was a really interesting moral quandary-- side with the fascist islanders who treat their brethren like crap, or the very friendly islanders, who will soon likely be treated like crap by the conquering Vailians.

But things took a left turn to crazy town when I went to tell the Rauatai I'm on their side and it ended with me having to kill every living thing in the Brass Citadel map. I don't want to talk about it…

Last edited:
Played it twice.
1) Berath is in charge, and I went there without any allied support, which seemed to cause total chaos in the aftermath.

2) Help the souls. I had the support of the natives, which turned out pretty well I think.

You played the whole game twice, or just the endings?

The 2nd time. I sort of agreed with the Rauatai in that the Huana just wanted to lay around and play with water, thus would likely would have been conquered anyway, by a non-islander power.

Which is ironic, because the Rauatai weren't capable of conquering them before

If you don't like party based game why spend $230 for a $20 game ?
-
Having said that I haven't played yet so can't comment on op's subject.

I backed it at the physical collector's edition during the kickstarter. I have the shrink-wrapped collector's edition supporting my 2nd monitor :)

Well that is an expensive monitor stand. you know you can get a shinny new dell 25 inch (1440p) for the price of that monitor stand and it comes with its own stand !!

I backed it at the physical collector's edition during the kickstarter. I have the shrink-wrapped collector's edition supporting my 2nd monitor :)

Did they note whether the expansions were going to be post-story, or one of those deals where you have to load a save game before the end scene?

I don't remember them saying anything, but considering how the ending works I very much doubts you can "continue" beyond it. I'm pretty sure you'll have to load a save before going into Ondra's Mortar to play the DLCs, which is like 10-20 minutes before the ending slides anyway.

I don't remember them saying anything, but considering how the ending works I very much doubts you can "continue" beyond it. I'm pretty sure you'll have to load a save before going into Ondra's Mortar to play the DLCs, which is like 10-20 minutes before the ending slides anyway.

I'll probably skip those, then. I've never been a fan of 'turning back time' for a few hours of DLC after I've finished the game. If it's a proper continuation, I'm all-in.

I guess you liked the game :)

I've been waiting for the expansions but maybe i'll play before they arrive. Not sure.

Yes, I did. I'm writing a review of it right now. Should be done next week or so. No idea if @Myrthos; is even interested in one at this point, but if he is, it might go up in a week or two, depending on the Watch schedule, so you can check that out and see if it's worth getting. :)

Will be interesting to read your review. I have the game from the fig campaign as well as the expansion(s) when they are released just been busy so been playing mindless stuff until i have a block of time.

Yes, I did. I'm writing a review of it right now. Should be done next week or so. No idea if @Myrthos; is even interested in one at this point, but if he is, it might go up in a week or two, depending on the Watch schedule, so you can check that out and see if it's worth getting. :)

Back
Top Bottom