Might & Magic X - Open Development Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Limbic Entertainment has two new updates for Might & Magic X. The first update reveals another class you can play called the Rune Priest.

book_rune_priest.jpg

The Rune Priests are members of the Deepflame clan, a special caste among the Dwarves. The get recruited from children born with golden eyes, the mark of their god, Arkath, who are then brought up as battle-mages.
The second update talks about two locations called the Seahaven and The Crag.

Last week we shared with you some information about Karthal. But you'll also visit smaller towns in Might & Magic X - Legacy. If you played the Early Access version, you're already familiar with Sorpigal-by-the-Sea. Today, let's have a sneak peek at Seahaven and the Crag.
More information.

So the datamined information is indeed correct :(
That means that the freemage is the only one able to do dark magic…
Weird choice so also give a "jack of all (magic) trades" class the only skill, which only one class can use at all.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/823779-All-classes-all-skills-overview-(per-EAV!)
I suspect (hope) that an addon will bring more races and classes, and I'm thinking specifically about undead. A vampire as might and a lich as magic class would fit the scheme perfectly, and I guess both, and mostly the lich, would be able handle dark magic at high levels. Dark elves is another possibility, and they should also be good with dark magic.

Hrm, in a game like this my expectations from an addon is an vertical expansion, not an horizontal. Imho it's too late already if the don't include another dark magic class right from the start.

Maybe Dark Magic is more powerful, thus having two characters able to cast it unbalances the game? We don't want another MM8 where the Dragon class is basically a win key.

Of course if you can play as 4 free mages, this point is moot.

Hrm, in a game like this my expectations from an addon is an vertical expansion, not an horizontal. Imho it's too late already if the don't include another dark magic class right from the start.

It's just a skill Kordanor! :p

I'm not really fussed about good/evil classes myself.

I hope it will be both. A new region to explore, new quests, story… but also new feature to spice gameplay. I mean the game is shouting for some races that were left behind from the Ashan world… undead, dark elves, naga. I would really e disappointed if any of them wouldn't be added at some point.

Of course if you can play as 4 free mages, this point is moot.
In fact you can.

Only update I'm looking for this would be no need for using Ugay. That's all.
Sorry all their games require Steam and Uplay. Not a good thing to celebrate, but at least it's less restrictive than it used to be. I don't see Ubisoft ever getting rid it.

Well, you need to activate it online but that's it, had no problems playing it without internet connection.
I am hoping that I can activate my boxed version on steam as well to receive the steam "benefits" ^^

Well, you need to activate it online but that's it, had no problems playing it without internet connection.
I am hoping that I can activate my boxed version on steam as well to receive the steam "benefits" ^^
I guess you didn't see the part were I wrote less restrictive. I also never said anything bad about Steam either. So I will get these benefits also.^^

Ah Might and Magic. :D :D :D

I was so addicted to one of it's predecessors that it consumed me for a time. Now I look forward to this new one with eager anticipation.

Tell me, is it out yet?

Ah Might and Magic. :D :D :D

I was so addicted to one of it's predecessors that it consumed me for a time. Now I look forward to this new one with eager anticipation.

Tell me, is it out yet?
Should be out next week on the 23-24th unless it gets delayed at the last minute. You can buy it now, and get access to Early Access to play the game earlier.

Early Access However in Might and Magic doesn't mean that you are going to play a beta release. Early Access in M&M is a Demo-Version containing about the first quarter of the game in a build which is about a month old. There won't be any taking over of your characters to the full version.

Early Access However in Might and Magic doesn't mean that you are going to play a beta release. Early Access in M&M is a Demo-Version containing about the first quarter of the game in a build which is about a month old. There won't be any taking over of your characters to the full version.

I was just helping him out as you buy the game, and get to try an early version.;)

Now on to another topic I'm starting to see a trend of you always second guessing my posts. If you are doing this deliberately I'm getting tired of it.:mad:

Hehe, well, check my history of posts and you will hopefully see it's nothing personal ;)
You just tend to do the most posts in the threads I am interested in ^^
I just wanted to set the right expectations for Magix1reaper as the Early Access of M&M is rather unusual.

I have been a lifetime computer rpg fan because of the first two Might and Magic games. Can't wait to play this game and I still have the graph paper and maps from M&M1. Maybe I will map this one by hand also. :)

I've got graph paper from several old games too, Hastar. As I get older, I've been pitching them because they are fading pretty bad.

Not only that. The state of the game in EA is way different that what you might expect in the final release, so you will really want to start a new game.

I bought early access, but never touched it. I just wanted most of the game downloaded and on my hdd when the release hits :)

Which is silly because I have 30 Mbps, so it's not like it takes long, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom