Division 2 Beta invite codes (this weekend).

D

Darth Tagnan

Hey there… I don't know if any of you are interested in checking out the beta, but I've apparently got 3 friend invites to pass out.

You have to add me in Uplay to be eligible - because of how the beta keys need to be distributed.

I'm DKDArtagnan there.

The first 3 people who message me (in Uplay!) will get a code :)

Otherwise, they'll just go to waste.

I would but unfortunately I’m working all weekend.:(

I could friend ya there though, if ya don’t mind.

I would but unfortunately I’m working all weekend.:(

I could friend ya there though, if ya don’t mind.

Sure :)

It starts tomorrow already for some reason.

But if you don't want a key - please make sure I know that it's you so I don't give it to you by mistake.

That said, I don't know how many Watchers are on Uplay and are into looter shooters.

I'm going to a summerhouse with friends this weekend, but I should get a few hours in tomorrow and on sunday. I almost regret the trip now....

Hehe, not really - I'm fine waiting for release. I'm just curious if it's as good as I think it is.

danutz_plus got one.

BTW, if you want a key and I send you an invite - you apparently need to redeem it here:

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/beta

*EDIT* Thinking about it, I don't think it's an actual key. It's just an invite - and you can "accept" it on that page I linked, and I'm thinking the beta pops up automatically in your game library. Just FWIW.

*EDIT2* Spoke to danutz and yes the download DOES appear - but apparently you still need a key and he hasn't received one. This is pretty stupidly complicated tbh :) Anyway, I hope it works somehow.

*EDIT3* Phew… danutz finally got in and he's preloading now.

Anyway, 2 invites left.

Last edited:
Whats your opinion of the Beta Dart? Is it better then the first game. I only ask as the Division had many flaws on release, and it was one of the few online games I played.

Only because a best friend of mine wanted to play though.

Whats your opinion of the Beta Dart? Is it better then the first game. I only ask as the Division had many flaws on release, and it was one of the few online games I played.

Only because a best friend of mine wanted to play though.

I haven't played it yet. It starts tomorrow :)

I'll be sure to give my impressions, though.

You don't want a beta invite?

Darth Tagnan said:
*EDIT2* Spoke to danutz and yes the download DOES appear - but apparently you still need a key and he hasn't received one. This is pretty stupidly complicated tbh Anyway, I hope it works somehow.

Seems it was just a sync issue. Although it initially asked for a key upon trying to pre-load, that seems to have gone away on its own. And I just started the preload. Thanks for the key Darth!

I've played just a little bit of the beta, and it's very similar to Division 1. Basically, imo, if you liked D1, you'll like D2.

The main point of interest for me is the world which is unbelievably well put together. So much time and effort went into the world design and placement of objects. It's the same as with Division 1. Imo, this could have been an amazing full blown rpg with the care and attention they put into the dressing up the world.

The surprising thing the beta did to me was, it made me reinstall Division 1. And I think I plan on finishing it this time. I think, having the proper expectations for this game is paramount. With low expectations, I'm having fun with the combat mechanics which are great in both D1 and D2, and having fun exploring the world. Even if most of it seems "empty". As in, besides absolutely wonderful scenery and lighting you don't see much else. But with the proper expectations maybe that can be enough?

Anyways, I'll see after I'm further along about how much it lasts me. But I think I may get Division 2. Especially as they're saying all post-release content will be free with the standard edition.

I snagged a code from a friend, but missed my chance to play. I didn't expect I'd be away all weekend. :(

What's everyone's thoughts?

I'll just paste my thoughts from the now playing thread:

I got to play a little more of the Division 2 beta.

It really is improved in almost every single way, but - on a surface level - it's not going to look very different, and I don't think it's going to appeal that much more to non-Division fans.

That said, it's less bullet spongey - but definitely still an RPG stat-driven game more than a pure shooter.

However, if you're a fan of the first game - I think you're going to really love this one. Some of the changes are very subtle and deal with long-term design changes, and I think a lot of people are missing how different it actually is.

Almost every aspect of the game has been refined and improved. They've managed to both remove a lot of redundant clutter and add a ton of meaningful progression choice.

They've also made a huge effort in terms of making the world feel alive - and I think it's going to be one of the best launch states in terms of endgame content - at least in my experience.

It's going to have a very meaty 40 hour story - and once you complete it, the entire landscape changes - and the world will be invaded by a new faction that's going to present harder and more interesting challenges. In that way, it's almost like two games in one - at least in terms of keeping the interest going.

They've also gone out of their way to make the world interesting to explore, and there are tons of buildings you can enter and find something useful - or something that adds to the lore.

It's staggeringly beautiful in terms of detail and immersion. You really do have to look twice sometimes to realise you're not walking around in a real place.

Based on my time in the demo, they've also managed to get rid of the annoying pop-up for spawns (it was rare, but it happened enough to be distracting in DV1) - and it seems a lot more varied in terms of the environment.

In any case, if you're fan of progression-oriented games - and you enjoy the tactical/realistic take on combat, this is a dream come true.

Back
Top Bottom