The Outer Worlds - 131 Questions

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameInformer asked Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky 131 quick questions about The Outer Worlds. Video is at the link.

With Game Informer's new cover story on Obsidian's The Outer Worlds, we're diving in deep and explaining everything we learned about the upcoming RPG. While visiting the studio, Joe Juba sat down with co-directors Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky and asked them 131 rapid-fire questions about The Outer Worlds' gameplay, companions, scope, and (since they created the original two games) the origins of Fallout. Check out the video above to watch the most informative interview you'll ever see about The Outer Worlds... and chocolate.
More information.

It wasn't mentioned.

Ok, I'm just curious. It looks like the kind of game that needs at least 3 years to justify the scope and the features.

So, if it's that or longer - I'm extra interested, but if it's shorter I think it's cause for concern.

I don't have time for videos. No text, no me.

Ok, I'm just curious. It looks like the kind of game that needs at least 3 years to justify the scope and the features.

So, if it's that or longer - I'm extra interested, but if it's shorter I think it's cause for concern.

In the previous video posted by the Gameinformer they said the game is in the development for more than two years.

The part that concerns me with this game is its humorous nature. It's not necessarily bad on paper, but that approach tends to subtract from the game's "greatness". If this game ends up being more of a Borderlands than a Fallout, it won't mean it's not bad (Borderlands are great games), but probably it won't deliver the experience I'm hoping for.

You can make an educated guess: Leonard Boyarsky joined Obsidian in April 2016 to work on it with Tim Cain.

I don't have time for videos. No text, no me.
Your loss as most good news is in video form nowadays.:p

Also that song butchered the original song.

Your loss as most good news is in video form nowadays.:p

Which means you can't skim over it, you can't search for key words, no listening to your own music at the same time, …

I'm with @joxer; here. :)

Say whatever you want I personally get more enjoyment out of watching video news, previews, lets plays and interviews then written text. Technology has improved.

Much more fun than watching all these boring interviews. :)

Which means you can't skim over it, you can't search for key words, no listening to your own music at the same time, …

I'm with @joxer; here. :)

I'm with both of you.

I'll add that these focus more on entertainment than the information and 99% of the time the person talking has a super annoying voice.

This 131 questions video is a good example of that. There is like 2 actual questions tied the game. The rest is jokes about Tim and chocolate, past work related questions and meme-related stuff.

My problem with video is it's so incredibly inefficient. My time isn't exactly precious, but reading information is 5 times faster than watching a video, and that's assuming there isn't a lot of preamble and bullshit (there always is), and that there's no ad first.

Say whatever you want I personally get more enjoyment out of watching video news, previews, lets plays and interviews then written text. Technology has improved.

Of course that's a perfectly valid view, Couch. Videos often have more entertainment value. It depends on what you are looking for: enjoyment/entertainment, or information/news. And there's all kind shades of grey between those two, they are not mutually exclusive.

It's not like I never watch any videos. ;)

Back
Top Bottom