Age of Conan PvP Beta (some screens)

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I was fortunate to get a spot in this and they lifted the NDA for the event already so I uploaded a couple of screens of my dallying to The Watch here.

5 so far all on the right side of the scrolly pictures.

edit:

There's another 9 screens uploaded now.

Last edited:
Thanks! Do you like the game? Do other people inside the game, like the game?

Ive preordered already last month. Its gonna get me outta being in over 2 years of World of Warcraft (finally).

Well, they didn't allow us to see much of the world - just the route to Tortage, a pvp hub and the pvp mini-game arenas (and only two of those and there were a few more on the drop-down lists). No siege stuff, no real open world or even the first town.

At level 20 the pvp is really fast and a little tricky so it'll take some time to master a fully skilled and talent spec'ed out 80 I'm sure. I'll try and put something in writing for the site shortly - but that'll have to be passed by the other editors after I write it so nothing is certain there. Herald of Xotli I found a lot of fun, two-handed sword wielding fire mage that transmutes into demon forms for buffs. I still haven't played all the classes either.

Thanks! Do you like the game? Do other people inside the game, like the game?

Ive preordered already last month. Its gonna get me outta being in over 2 years of World of Warcraft (finally).

Some do some don't, personally I'm fairly impressed with it. I love the old Sword & Sorcery stuff though so... I've had surprisingly little trouble with the game running on high settings with my single core 3800 AMD, backed up with a 8800gts though. Just wish I could have seen a bit more of the world really.

edit:

There is a forum up a GS with the players feedback on the event here.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks. Im pretty sure I will like Age of Conan from all the feedback Ive read today.

I have already pre-ordered, and it looks really great so far. However, an MMO is all about gameplay and possibilities, so it's hard to say whether I will stick with it as long as WoW (been playing since the beta 3 years ago, and still going strong).

Im still playing WoW too. Hoping to escape it finally into a new game. :-/

Also seems everybody -- I mean everybody -- really hates that loading screen after you die in PvP instance, heh... I havent played it but I could imagine that would really take the immersion out of it. I also dont really understand why Funcom would have that there...

I don't think there is much immersion in manic mini PvP games for me. I'm more interested in exploring Hyboria. I'm considering a RP PVP server to limit the l33t speak and to (hopefully) enhance the immersing experience.

I have 3800+ single core and a 8800gts and an old mother board and memory - I had the game on max res and AA (16) on and it run at 30+ fps.

Awesomely cool new screens. Im excited. :D

I ordered the CE long time ago. I also bought the 1000 page conan centenary edition (15eur) to read while playing. I liked reading those stories when I was in high school. Now I have pretty much forgotten them all.

I noticed recently that the Conan Centenary Edition got a HP Lovecraft brother The Necronomicon.

I noticed recently that the Conan Centenary Edition got a HP Lovecraft brother The Necronomicon.

Nice! I dont even remember whether I read those. I do have some faint memories of som ctulhy stories in my head but was it from those novels? I have no idea.

Its only 15 euros or somthing so I guess Ill order it too. Hopefully they will do this to other series too.

Last edited:
After much deliberation looks like I'm going to try out this game - maybe write a review. Is anyone up for some grouping or maybe a Watch guild? I have no idea on requirements to make a guild mind.

I am currently playing on EU Bori (PvE), with the following characters:
- Keldorn, 14 Dark Templar
- Revan, 11 Bear Shaman
- Veldrin, 7 Necromancer

Yes, I know, exceptionally original names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm UK so I'll be on EU as well. I guess it's the same as WoW with regards to server restrictions?

I haven't got the game yet, probably in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom