Gothic Mudd in G1

Uriziel

Sentinel
I just had a thought and wondered if anyone has tried it…….taking Mudd into the orc temple. Obviously he will run from anything dangerous, so you'd have to clear it for him. Has anyone tried bringing him to the Sleeper?

I know I could insert him, but no fun in that. I could get him there, possess him and let him have the heart swords.........Maybe then Mudd could be the HERO!!! LMAO

Doesn't that mean you would have to put up with him for almost the entire game? :)
I've put up with you for over a decade :D

I have one huge regret, major huge, epic huge, UBER huge regret in my many years of playing this great game. Wulf believed in Cromanin and it simply isn't in the code. NicoDE even verified it, but I didn't present it well to Wulf, who was my friend before. Quite simply I was an ass wanting to prove I was right, which I was, but I hurt a friend of mine while doing it. UBER regrets because it cost the community the most knowledgeable person in Gothic. I destroyed his love for an epic game, just to be right.

I've tried to make overtures to get Wulf to share some of his in depth game knowledge so that knowledge would not be lost for future players, to no avail. It truly saddens me. Now I'm trying to make a walkthrough so newbies can see what is possible in Gothic. I don't want the info to be lost. TheWonderer only scratched the surface of what is possible, and I think that applies to me too. I still try to learn. I still try to perfect timing. I still try to go at a problem in a different way.

JDR13 you have a lot of knowledge about Gothic and other games. Maylander and myself a bit more. I know of no one that understands Gothic more than Wulf. I mean no offense to anyone. I only want the knowledge preserved for future players.

If you read this Wulf, load up the new DX11, and get back to business. I'm sorry for the past. I handled it very badly. In the past we would find something new and share it, kick each other on the forums just for fun, talk shit and have a laugh. Then Cromanin came up. I handled it very badly. We are older now ;) Hell I'm 53. The thought of you losing your love for such a great game, and hiding things you found, is disturbing to me. We both found things, we shared, we searched hard for more. I miss that. Future players need our knowledge. They need to SEE what is possible, instead of playing a blah blah blah do the quests and get to the end game.

Last edited:
Hm, I seem to remember Wulf and his devotion to Gothic. It's been a while since I saw him around.

Wasn't he the one trying to finish the games without killing anyone, staying truly neutral? Do you care to elaborate on that Cromanin thing, Uriziel? I feel like I've heard about that before but I'm not entirely sure what it is about?

Cromanin is a quest you can do in any Gothic play through. It ends with a small battle. Wulf said he got an alternate ending if you played a certain way. He claims to have done it once, and tried many time to repeat it. Anyway, it isn't in the game code, but Wulf's knowledge of the game is without doubt. The heated debate over Cromanin caused him to quit the game.

Yeah, Wulf was the Gothic master for sure.

I still remember on the RPGDot the massive thread :D

I did think of Wulf as a bit of a conspiracy theorist though after a while to be honest.

Here's one of his later posts on the Watch saying goodbye to Gothic:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-534.html

JemyM, who I have also not seen on the forums in years was a wealth of knowledge...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/943747-gothic-universe/faqs/15218

I used that FAQ extensively in my first full playthough as I couldn't figure out the Temple's puzzles.

Mud can be avoided for most of the game by using the roof behind his hut as a pathway. I usually do this to avoid knocking him down.

However, Mud will be killed later on when the Old Camp becomes hostile, so if you want to drag him anywhere, make sure to pick him up before going to Saturas with the final focus stone.

That being said, I doubt it's even possible, as I don't think he'll transition all that well in and out of places like the mine in the New Camp and the actual temple itself. If you want to check out whether or not that works, you can try it with the mine of the Old Camp early on before starting some crazy run where you drag him around for hours without any chance of success.

I'm guessing you are right. I can't see a reason he would make it through a load screen with the hero. AKAIR I tried taking Dusty to the old mine and he didn't make it into the mine. Been too long to remember exactly.

I don't want the idiot following me for long, so I had planned on clearing everything and using the idol to open the gate in the orc village into the temple. I suppose if I got him that far I could insert Mudd inside the cleared temple just to see what happens. Not sure I can be bothered now :-/

I'm guessing you are right. I can't see a reason he would make it through a load screen with the hero. AKAIR I tried taking Dusty to the old mine and he didn't make it into the mine. Been too long to remember exactly.

I don't want the idiot following me for long, so I had planned on clearing everything and using the idol to open the gate in the orc village into the temple. I suppose if I got him that far I could insert Mudd inside the cleared temple just to see what happens. Not sure I can be bothered now :-/

Yeah, I don't think there's a legitimate way of getting him to the Sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom