The New World - The First Animations

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new update for The New World, provides an update on the current status of development and shows the first animations (follow the link).

Our train seems to be speeding up. Here is what we managed to scratch off the list in the last 3 months:

- Loot screen
- Trade screen
- Character appearance customization (the system is in place, all we need are the art assets)
- Options menu
- Char creation screen
- Attack effects / Status effects (different effects can be assigned to attacks and applied on hit)
- Clothes and weapon items visual mechanics: showing/hiding, opacity masks
- Visual attack effects: muzzle flashes, sounds, particles
- Party inventory
- More animation states: more characters' body poses and better transitions between them
- Attacks of opportunity, interrupt attacks, reaction shots
- Combat AI (in progress)
- Grenades (in progress)
Thanks Pladio!

More information.

The motion seems fine, but what's with all the debris emission when the firearms are triggered? Are these sabot-discarding rounds or something? Or maybe it's meant to represent smoke? Plus the debris/smoke undergoes the same recoil motion as the weapon, which seems peculiar. It might need a little more refinement, I'm thinking. :)

I hate this game!!! Every time it pops up in the news feed, I think it's something about New World Computing. :raincloud:

In contrast, I'm rather interested in seeing what they put together. The restricted and vulnerable nature of the setting is a nice method for having your otherwise ordinary character potentially having a major impact. Plus it's sci-fi, which I almost always enjoy.

The guys did an awesome job with Age of Decadence, so I'm sure this will be even better.

I hate this game!!! Every time it pops up in the news feed, I think it's something about New World Computing. :raincloud:

Every time, I'm wondering why RPGWatch is posting something about Amazon upcoming New World MMO...

The motion seems fine, but what's with all the debris emission when the firearms are triggered? Are these sabot-discarding rounds or something? Or maybe it's meant to represent smoke? Plus the debris/smoke undergoes the same recoil motion as the weapon, which seems peculiar. It might need a little more refinement, I'm thinking. :)

Yeah, weird...no firearm I have fired is spouting all that out the barrel.

Its also less visible in the side view they show. Odd. Maybe its just some image artifact they forgot to fix.

Back
Top Bottom