Mass Effect - DLC Leaked

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
VG247 reports that the second DLC for Mass Effect has been released onto the Swiss and Swedish Xbox Live Marketplace without it being officially announced. A mistake?
Thanks Lemonhead.
More information.

Last edited:
Yeah something like that ;)

I had begun to assume it wasn't coming out. But has there been any word along the way what the plans are for this DLC on PC?

Edit: Disregard my question. I see it. Thanks Rithrandil.

Last edited:
It's out now. I just downloaded it from the EA store.

Edit: And it's officially on xbox live marketplace, too, for the 360 users here.

The first DLC was free for the PC version, since it was released so much later. For the Xbox version you had to pay for it.

Wasn't the first DLC free? Why are they charging $5 for this one?

The first DLC wasn't free for me on Xbox 360. It was free on PC because I think it was supposed to be shipped with or right after the PC release.

I can't find any decent (p)review of this new DLC. I only found out that it was combat-oriented and puts you through 13 battle scenarios. Has anybody played it yet and has an opinion? It doesn't sound like there will be much role-playing involved.

I just read the description, and I'm disappointed to say the least....

Compete in a series of high-stakes battle simulations to earn amazing weapons and armor that can be used in the main game. Unlock new achievements, and even win ownership of a dedicated base of operations for Commander Shepard. Challenge modes include Survival, Time Attack, Hunt and Capture and even a scenario modeled after the First Contact War.

So much for role-playing.... :-/

I haven't even figured out how to start this content yet. I know nothing about it. I presume that there is some new location in the Citadel where I can fight these battle scenarios, but most of my latest save games are too late for full access to the Citadel.

I have no idea where to go. :p

I'm very distant from the team that released this, but I believe it's on an uncharted world, not the Citadel. I think that if you open the Galaxy Map, you'll see Pinnacle Station somewhere? Maybe?

If you go to the menu options and go to the Downloadable Content option, it tells you which star system it's in. I forget off the top of my head, though.

I found it. I was thinking along the wrong lines, but I still had to search for a proper save game where I'm in the Normandy. I hope BioWare will improve the way addons/DLC work in ME2.

From what I've seen so far, there is some really small amount of new insignificant dialogue introducing the station. In the station you can pick a scenario and play through it in a simulator for the best score. Not recommended if you expected any story.

I'll play it some more tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom