Divinity 2 - Review @ PCGames

Thanks for the compilation Alrik.

@JDR13 : Ah, I see now what you mean. Okay.

The game feeling of Div 2 reminds me strongly of Gothic.

(However, depending on the bugs and patching its is still open, whether it is
Gothic 2 or Gothic 3.)

I got more a feeling of Fable ( but with a much less budget). I only fooled around in the starting area and a little in the next level though.

I did not like the monster design of the first creatures i saw. The animations looked extremely dated and was very "choppy", like when a creature runs or when a river flows it skips like it's runing at 5 FPS (the game itself ran at around 40FPS most of the time which imo is pretty bad, i have better FPS in Crysis with everything on fullest + 4x AA).

I also get the impression that this game doesnt have NPC schedules like the Gothic series, pretty important for the atmosphere imo.

Nontheless im awating the english release, could be good but my expectations are pretty low.

I got more a feeling of Fable ( but with a much less budget). I only fooled around in the starting area and a little in the next level though.

Nontheless im awating the english release, could be good but my expectations are pretty low.

I'm a little confused here....

If you already have it then I assume you're in Germany. But then why would you be waiting for the English release?

*cough* torrent*cough*

um, why would i be in germany? its very easy to purchase online, i dont need to be in germany for that.

*cough*smartypants*cough*

edit: and now there seems to be a _working_ voice/subtitles fix so i might continue playing beyond the starting area (only area that worked before with english subs).. there's one patch released, it will be a better game once the english version is out (which will be patched a few times).

Last edited:
Yes, and not really!!

Yes, and not really!!

I would take it a step further and say it is definitely worth playing ...

... Divine Divinity again rather than bothering with Beyond Divinity at all!

:D

Um, I finished BD, but I ... well, I don't have good memories of that, because of the ... well, in a way "dark & gritty" kind of scenery ... My only positive point was the Imp Village.

Near the end, the old, destroyed temple, it became too sad for me ... You must speak and let yourself taught by only ghosts ... Ghosts of those who had been slain by the demonic invaders before ... It was nothing but sad, in my personal experience.

The very end has an interesting twist, after all ...

Yes, and not really!!

Thanks, that was incredibly helpful...;)

The reviews were either quite positive or quite negative, so I wasn't sure what to think. I'll probably take the advice here and pass though. It doesn't seem to have any connection to the other games, and I don't like the idea of random dungeons and battlefields.

Anyone have an idea when we are getting this in the USA? Or is it "when its done"
I have checked gamespot and Gamestop and found nothing

Around september.

Sadly it has been proved again that Europeans (Germans, in this case) are a testing area for the far larger, and far more important international market ... :(

Around september.

Sadly it has been proved again that Europeans (Germans, in this case) are a testing area for the far larger, and far more important international market ... :(

yeah, im awaiting the next patch, they say they're gonna work on the animations (no sh*t, they look horrible! the more i play the less i can stand them).

Well, that depends. I'm still angry that Take2 forced Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic to be released in the U.S. first, despite this game being developed by Triumpf Studios, the makers of Overlord.

Er.....aren't games normally released locally first?

Generally - but I think we've seen too many examples recently where the games need several patches before they are acceptable for the international market. While that keeps them from being seen as 'a buggy mess' here, it really sucks if you are from Germany and seen a constant stream of undercooked RPGs!

Generally - but I think we've seen too many examples recently where the games need several patches before they are acceptable for the international market. While that keeps them from being seen as 'a buggy mess' here, it really sucks if you are from Germany and seen a constant stream of undercooked RPGs!

No one to blame there except the developers, or in some cases, the publishers.

I prefer to blame the publishers, because they give the developers a strict kind of timeline.

Of course developers must get things ready, but on the other hand I assume that publishers know nothing about software development - at least not the responsible ones (I mean the responsibles in the companies themselves).

Otherwise they would know that you just can't give a date and assume that a software project is just ready, then. Not with so much complex software like games, which relies - unlike bureau software - on so many different PC configurations. Bureau software is much easier to develop, because it doesn't need sound or direktx.

Considering this, I'm very surprised in a bad way that dtp - the same publisher who brought the nearly-bugfree Drakensang out - also published Divinity 2, which seems to be in need of a few patches.

It's to me as if two different persons had been responsible for both games.

Back
Top Bottom