BioWare - Mass Effect Series Interview @ Gamer Syndrome

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gamer Syndrome caught up with the Mass Effect "team" to talk about the past and future of the series:
GS: Now that another Mass Effect game has been announced, why was it decided to not only change studios (Edmonton to Montreal) but also to change game engines? Will we still experience the same style, choices, and action we’ve come to know in Mass Effect games? Does changing engines delay the games release date?
BioWare: While I can’t comment on why it changed studios, fans can expect a similar style of choices and action that they’ve come to know in Mass Effect. Casey Hudson is very much involved in the new Mass Effect game, as well as many from Edmonton. BioWare Montreal is a great studio and they did fantastic with the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3, so fans should know the series is in good hands. The game isn’t far along in development so I can’t comment on specifics because they isn’t any yet, Frostbite 2 is a really good game engine that we are also using on Dragon Age 3. As far as release date, there’s nothing to be announced yet. You’ll hear more about the new Mass Effect game [next year] in 2013.
GS: If you were to give a rough idea on a release window, what would you say?
BioWare: Late 2014 to Mid 2015. I honestly can’t tell you an exact because full development on the game started a month or two ago.
More information.

I'm going with 2015 as DA 3 will come out first in 2014. Of course the release will be in march as always.

This interview is/was fake.

Doesn't matter. Still 2014 for DA3 and 2015 for the next ME game. New consoles will be out by then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom