The Mystery Scene Game

That was in WW1 when they celebrated Christmas together and it was French and German soldiers, not American :) . There was a pretty good movie about that in 2005 called Merry Christmas .
I don't think that anything of that kind ever happened in WW2. It was only possible in WW1 because of the "trench wars" where the soldiers were fighting over just a few meters of terrain each and every day. WW2 was completely different due to the fact that tanks and motor vehicles in general were a lot more prevalent then.

Gig is correct - it's A Midnight Clear... which was the adaptation of a novel about US and German soldiers celebrating Christmas together in WWII. It has nothing to do with the WWI event Mo mentioned. Different premises, a different story, and one of the few good novel adaptations in existence. And it has THIS moment which is just unique.

Your turn, Gig! :D

Duuuhhhh... maybe I should've checked the plot summary of "A Midnight Clear" while I was at IMDB looking for the link to "Merry Christmas" . Sounds interesting. Thanks for the movie/book tip, Jaz, and sorry about temporarily ruining the thread :biggrin: .

...I never heard of this movie (not that I knew many movies, but...). Sounds... interesting... :p

I'd never heard of it either!!

I've seen it... but only as the movie subject of an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000... it was quite a classic (the movie and the MST3K episode).

Mystery Scene #4

Hmmm... I thought everyone knew "Jan in the Pan! :lol: I figured it was like putting up a shot of Kong. I didn't know the film was on Mystery Science Theater but doesn't surprise me. The Head that Wouldn't Die is a classic, but it has that distinction as much for what's wrong with it as what's right, it was kinda horrible. One of the reasons I've never really liked MST3K is because I have a deep love of horrible antique horror. :lol: More often than not I've wanted to watch the film they were hosting which, of course, isn't really possible on Mystery Science Theater.

NOW you've gone and done it... you've given me hope for my thread! :excited: I'll just stay away from obscure horror. :biggrin:

This is on my top 10 list of all time favorite films. It may or may not be somewhat obscure, depending on who you ask, but it's great anyway.

Last edited:
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Flatliners?

it's dark city.

One of the reasons I've never really liked MST3K is because I have a deep love of horrible antique horror.

I too have a love of truly bad horror and science fiction films. I also love watching the MST3K crew making fun of them though. I have actually used MST3K as one of my resources for finding bad movies... and it has helped me to find some gems. Once I watch one on MST3K, if it interests me I will scour ebay and the internet and get a copy of the actual film.

I've gotten hold of some really great, BAD movies this way.

Mystery Scene #5

here it is. it's very popular movie. i would be suprised if i don't get an answer in a couple of hours.

That was The Head that Wouldn't Die. And with that I'll let my poor game thread die. :embarrassed:

AHEM *clears throat*

That is actually "The BRAIN that Wouldnt Die", my dear, not the head. Unless it's like named that somewhere else or something, Ive never seen it referred to as the head.

I own it on DVD! It's actually a pretty awesome film, for it's genre and time, and suprisingly gory. I guess I can play with you guys, I didnt think that stuff like that was fair game. Now we're talkin.

I have actually used MST3K as one of my resources for finding bad movies... and it has helped me to find some gems.

I've gotten hold of some really great, BAD movies this way.

That never occurred to me, and the funniest part is I've even done that! More than once, actually, I've rented a film that I caught parts of on MST3K.

AHEM *clears throat*

That is actually "The BRAIN that Wouldnt Die", my dear, not the head. Unless it's like named that somewhere else or something, Ive never seen it referred to as the head.
No, you're absolutely right. You caught me in a long running misspeak. The title that film, for some reason, is wire into my head wrong and I will substitue 'head' for 'brain' far more often than I will say it right.

However, if you noticed, there was no-one here but me and the crickets for that shot. ;)

Last edited:
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Back
Top Bottom