Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts Lace Mamba Global Publishes Retail Version

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Lace Mamba Global let us know they signed Silent Dreams' / Head Up Games' upcoming RPG Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts for a retail release in several territories. The game will be published in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Scandinavia, the Benelux countries, Iceland, Greece and Portugal in Q1/12.
As a special gimmick a full version of the first game will be included in the retail version.
Here's the PR:
LACE MAMBA GLOBAL TO PUBLISH GROTESQUE TACTICS 2: DUNGEONS & DONUTS IN THE UK, AUSTRALIA – RETAIL EDITION TO ALSO INCLUDE GROTESQUE TACTICS 1
Brighton, November 24th, 2011 – Lace Mamba Global is scheduling to publish retail version of the upcoming PC SRPG Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Scandinavia, the Benelux countries, Iceland, Greece and Portugal. The release is planned for Q1 2012. The retail edition will also include a full version of the first Grotesque Tactics game. Lace Mamba Global and publisher Headup Games recently signed an according partnership.
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts, developed by German studio Silent Dreams, is the sequel to the critically acclaimed RPG parody Grotesque Tactics. The story of Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts begins as the citizens of the Kingdom of Glory celebrate their victory in the catacombs of their former enemies. The revelry is disturbed by a sudden all-encompassing fog. Those that the fog engulfed vanished screaming into the void. Full of despair, the remaining survivors barricade themselves in the depths. Not much time passes, before food becomes short – and moods grim. The Knights of Glory, shady mercenaries and the arrogant high elves band into guilds and begin a struggle for food, survival and escape. Too bad the guilds can’t stand each other, and no one notices the awakening of dark forces in the dungeons below…
Grotesque Tactics 2 will be introducing tons of new content to the saga, such as completely reworked and brand new direction of optical style, a new character creation and levelling system with talent trees, quest logs, and of course a brand new story line involving the great cast of the original Grotesque Tactics game.
More information on Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts will follow at a later stage.
More information.

After a delay, it is out since at least a week now here in Germany : I have seen it in a shop already.

I thought the first game was supposed to be quite poor? Was it really "critically acclaimed"?

Opinions were extremely mixed, I personally could never get into it at all, although it's hard to put my finger on exactly why that was. Overall I wouldn't call it "quite poor", but I also wouldn't call a game with a 65 critic score and a 60 user score on metacritic "ciritically aclaimed".

The humour in it was - I think - what split most reviewers. Some liked it, others didn't.

Good game #1, bought #2 already -> but at the moment I'm playing Skyrim...

The humour in it was - I think - what split most reviewers. Some liked it, others didn't.

I don't think that's true, none of the negative reviews I've read complained about the humor, they all just complained about poor gameplay and interface.

the bad thing about the original was the locked in skills, and no choice in companions. Still liked it for the fantasy light turn based strategy it was .

I have to say that I'm disappointed that they dropped the bright cartoony faux-anime look and went w// a more "realistic" look on this one. I quite enjoyed the look of the last game, and it fit well w/ the parody theme

Last edited:
I never played the first one. I bought the second one this weekend. I've only played about ten or fifteen minutes of it. I feel like I may be the pot calling the kettle black, but the humor so far has left me cold. Maybe it didn't translate well? Hopefully it gets better.

(And specifically, the conversation with the "Pokedude" woman turned me off. But I will be giving it another try when I have time.)

Back
Top Bottom